Chapter 3: Deskmates

As the two boys are making their way towards the classroom, Jungkook glances over at Taehyung's arm that was draped around his shoulder. "I don't wanna, uh...hurt your feelings or anything, but I'm not really that fond of people touching me." He says, prompting Taehyung to look over at him.

"Oh? Does it make you uncomfortable or something?" Taehyung asks, slightly tilting his head to the side.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Why's that?" Taehyung asks, still keeping his arm snug around Jungkook even as they enter the classroom.

"I dunno...it's just always been that way since I was a kid." Jungkook says, wiggling his shoulders a little bit, but Taehyung's arm doesn't budge.

"Hm...I dunno...your shoulder is pretty comfortable, though...I don't think I want to."

"Wow...you're a difficult one, aren't you?" Jungkook says, putting it as nicely as he could.

"I'm just trying to get you to loosen up a bit, is all." Taehyung says, finally letting the younger go. He holds his hands out towards a long desk that was built for two. "Anyways, you'll be happy to know I got you a seat next to me, so you don't have to converse with any of the clowns in here."

Though he was a little bit bummed to see that he wouldn't have his own desk, Jungkook nods and sets his bag down beside it on the floor, then pulls the seat out from underneath it.

"Gee, you're welcome...." Taehyung says, rolling his eyes. "Dr. Slawter is always a little late to his own class, so we can chill for a bit before he gets here." He says, rubbing his hands together. "I'll go get you a folder and a textbook. Be right back."

After Taehyung walks off, Jungkook leans down to rummage through his bag for his pencil case, but stops soon after when he hears Pete's soft voice call out to him.

"Oh, hey Jungkook!" Pete says, prompting Jungkook to look up.

"Oh, Petey, right? Sorry, I'm bad with names." Jungkook says, and Pete nods his head.

"Pete, Petey...either one works. But uh, wow, glad to see you! I didn't know you were gonna be in this class! I thought I heard Dr. Slawter saying something about a new student, but I wasn't sure."

"Yep, here I am, haha..." Jungkook says, clearing his throat. "Taehyung didn't mention that you were in this class too."

"Oh that's weird...fun fact, this is actually where Taehyung and I met." He scratched the back of his head. "But, um...I hate to break it to you, since you've already got your stuff out...but..." he laughs nervously before continuing. "You're actually in my spot."

"I am..?" Jungkook says, lowering his eyebrows in confusion. He glances over to Taehyung, who was starting to walk back over, then back to Pete. "Wait, but Taehyung told me this spot was free."

"What? Why would Taehyung say that?" Pete says, he too lowering his brows.

"Oh, heya Pete." Taehyung says. He drops Jungkook's books down onto the desk, causing a loud, sharp thud as the book's hardback cover came in contact with it - scaring the living crap out of nearly everyone surrounding them.

"Hey...um, did you tell Jungkook that he could sit here?" Pete asks, cocking his head a bit.

"Yup, I sure did. Why?" Taehyung replies rather nonchalantly.

"Well, I didn't think I had to explain, but that's my seat." Pete says.

"Correction; used to be your seat." Taehyung says, sitting down in his chair. "Ya see, I may have told the teach' yesterday that you wanted to swap seats with the new kid. I didn't think you'd mind."