n i n e

It took over a week before Geralt was well enough to be on his feet again. He had insisted for many days prior that he was capable of standing on his own and returning to daily life but she refused. She feared for the worst. It was difficult not to, considering the circumstances they found themselves in. Nilfgaard would always be a fear of hers and since that night it had only increased tenfold.

She was grateful that Jaskier had made a full recovery a few days before Geralt and the bard was back to writing songs. He had a few ideas for another one for the Butcher of Blaviken that would inevitably annoy the Witcher when he heard it.

As much as it felt as if life had stopped for her, she knew that it went on around her. She tried her hardest to get on with life as usual but it felt wrong when Geralt was not completely well. She never wanted a situation like that to happen again so she tried to think of a way to prevent it.

There were only so many sparrows she would be able to catch so she needed a way to have a constant supply. Her only thought was to raise them. The same way she did with her livestock when she had a home. But that did not negate the issue of her lack of magic. Each time she would need a potion made, she'd have to get Triss to help her or another mage. Whilst Geralt would be able to create the potions, she did not want to burden him when he was unwell or if he was on a hunt, she would need Triss.

In the days Geralt was bedridden, she took Roach out for rides. The horse was not used to the lack of exercise so they went to the woods together often. At times, Cirilla would join them but the princess spent a lot of time by Geralt's side. She did not want to lose another parent so she stayed with him for hours. She ate very little but it improved when Jaskier was better.

*

The woods were damp from the heavy rainfall the night prior. It reduced much of the noise from her and Roach which helped prevent scaring the wildlife as they went around collecting herbs and laying sparrow traps. It became a routine. She'd go to the woods, the market, and then back to the inn for days on end. It was a way for pay for their lodging without using the money they saved for the house.

It kept her busy and for that she was grateful. There was only so much she could do by Geralt's side. Many evenings were spent with Triss trying to get Cirilla out from her own head. It was mostly unsuccessful but the princess' fear was understandable. 'Each time I've had to leave. I don't want to this time.' She could not fault the princess but it pained her to see the girl so tormented.

'Cirilla. Triss has confirmed that Geralt will be okay.' She pulled the princess in for a hug. 'You don't have to watch him all day, I promise.' Her words did little to comfort Cirilla but it did stop the heaviest sobs.
*

When Geralt woke she was relieved. Whilst she knew he would, there was an unsettling absence in her life without him. To keep him in bed, she had to bargain. He repeatedly insisted that he would be fine if she let him. 'Maybe I can convince you to stay in bed.' She started to unbutton her dress in front of him.

That stopped Geralt from climbing out of the bed the second she turned her back. She sat on the bed next to him and the Witcher brought his lips to hers. She was not aware of just how she had missed his touch until his hands roamed across her neck and then down her shoulders. His large hands were rough despite them not being used.

'Maybe I need to spend a little more time in bed.' Geralt's already deep voice grew husky and heavy with lust. She grins and pulls him back in for another kiss. Her fingers tangle in his hair and she moves her legs up to straddle him. His hands dipped beneath her skirt and made their way to her slit. 'So fucking wet.'

He tugs at her bottom lip with his teeth and she sighs into his touch. Geralt's fingers expertly push her underwear to the side as his fingers dive into her wet folds. Her body had become his home and he knew how to touch and stroke her. She mewls and cries as his fingers massage her sex and coat themselves in her arousal. 'Geralt, more.' She bucks her hips as he adds another finger before he pulls them out of her. 'No.' She pouts and cries at the loss of contact until Geralt moves until he's laying down with his cock in his hand.