. ⋅ ˚̣ episode 3 ˚̣⋅ .

and suddenly, you were
everything i cared about.

"mrs lee, today your daughter met her sou-" literally as soon as jaemin had taken off his shoes and walked into the kitchen to greet my mother, those were the first words that left his mouth

at the speed of light, i ran up to him from the entry way, throwing my bag into the middle of the floor and threw my arms over his mouth, dragging him backwards out of the kitchen and towards my room.

"what?-" was all that my mom could say as i almost pulled jaemin backwards onto the floor by his neck, hyerin standing in the doorway looking like a sim waiting for a command.

my mom didn't even have time to register what had happened in the space of ten seconds as i grabbed hyerin and pulled them past the kitchen.

"hi, mrs lee!" hyerin called, briefly seeing the confused look on my mothers face, before i pushed both of my friends into my bedroom and slammed the door shut.

i let go of jaemin, kicking the back of his knee as he went to straighten himself.

his leg automatically gave way and he almost toppled forward onto the floor, making hyerin snort.

"jesus christ, woman!" jaemin rubbed his neck.

"you were going to tell my mom?!" i hissed, opening my closet and throwing my backpack into it rather angrily.

"why wouldn't i?" he gave a dramatic hand gesture as he turned his body to the direction i was walking.

"because he probably isn't even my soulmate, jaemin!" i spat, slipping my jacket off and placing it on the back of my chair in front of my dresser, "she'd go on about it for weeks, you know what she's like."

"yeah, but you're mom's so sweet though, she'd be excited." jaemin grimaced at me, pulling a face before sitting down next to hyerin on my bed.

"just to be disappointed by the fact he's not my soulmate and i'll probably never see him again." picking up my hair brush, i raked it through my hair, trying to tease out the few knots formed from the wind on the way to mine after the café.

"i was talking to jeno on kakao earlier, and he said he found out a little bit about some of the exchange students coming in on monday for the semester." jaemin announced, completely putting down his phone and looking between hyerin and i, waiting for us to ask what.

when hyerin just stared at him blankly for a couple seconds, i placed my brush down, pulling my hair back into a messy ponytail "well, what's so interesting about them?"

i flopped forward on my stomach onto my bed behind my two friends, both of them turning sideways so they could see me as i switched to laying on my back.

"apparently one of them is german, even though the teachers said students from japan and china," jaemin said, a rather astonished look on hyerin's face.

"germany?!" she gawped.

"he's probably ethnically asian or something." i murmured, gesturing for jaemin to carry on.

"well, i mean, there isn't much else. a few of them are kinda into music and apparently one of them grew up speaking korean and mandarin, so i guess atleast one of them will be pretty good at korean." jaemin trailed off, seeming to not be done yet also not knowing what else to say.

we all went quiet for a moment before jaemin let out a small exclamation.

"and one of them is insanely rich." he stated, making me roll my eyes.

"he's probably a snob." i replied bluntly.

"i don't know, he doesn't really talk about it according to jeno and that other kid who he's friend with, what's his name?" jaemin uttered.

"jisung?" hyerin asked.

"what? no! jisung is literally my son." he responded, putting his hand to his chest in an offended manner.

"dongfuck?" i said, making hyerin stifle a laugh by biting down on her lip.

jaemin's face scrunched up as he forced back a snicker, reminded of the nickname given to him last year, "yeah, donghyuck."

"if any of them are as bad as areum, i refuse to interact with them whatsoever." hyerin announced, crossing her arms.

"well, we'll just have to see what they're like on monday." jaemin responded.

i'm sorry this is so short, i honestly just really wanted to post something, and i'm already working on the next chapter.
i'll try and get back into the habit of posting regularly <3