. ⋅ ˚̣ episode 11 ˚̣⋅ .

i wish i could just ask you
what you think of me.

barely any of the words leaving my two friend's mouths were actually being processed as we walked from the bus stop and into the school gates, joining the crowd of students making their way up the stairs and into the main entrance

i tapped my fingers against the straps of my bag in time with the melody continuously playing through my mind.

by now, i'd be beyond pissed off by the song stuck in my head for this obnoxiously long amount of time, but as the same memorable section played over and over again, i came to quite like this mysterious piece.

"naeun, are you even listening to me?" i snapped my head over to where hyerin was, my eyes wide as i said a small "what?"

"good god, what is it with you this morning?" she sighed, raising an eyebrow at me, as she had clearly noticed my state.

"nothing?" i responded quietly, looking between jaemin and hyerin, jaemin having a completely different expression to hyerin's irritated one.

"i bet she's thinking about chenle." jaemin showed his toothy smile as i glared at him, reaching across hyerin and pushing jaemin to the side.

"stop it with that!" i cried, tutting my tongue loudly as i frowned, facing my front as we reached the main building.

"i was trying to ask you about what you were thinking about doing for volunteer work." hyerin spoke, all of us splitting up for a brief second as we walked around a group of juniors.

"uh..." i said, my eyes drifting to the door of one of the practice rooms near the auditorium.

hyerin held her hand in front of my face and snapped her fingers loudly in front of my eyes.

jumping slightly i looked over at her, shrugging.

"i don't know, like helping with vegetables?" i said, not really knowing what kind of volunteer work their actually was.

"vegetables? i mean, yeah that'd be helpful, but i was thinking maybe an old people's home for the weekend, or something?" hyerin said.

i didn't really take in what she had said but nodded anyway, gazing aimlessly around the halls, a strange sense of insensibility washed over me that morning.

i was probably just tired.

we were just stepping up onto the long, few flights of steps up to the senior floor, when jaemin suddenly gasped, stopping quickly which caused both hyerin and i too halt.