. ⋅ ˚̣ episode 5 ˚̣⋅ .

and when you look at me,
i swear i can't breathe.

"well, we expect you back here with the other groups at 9am, so make sure you them show around well

"well, we expect you back here with the other groups at 9am, so make sure you them show around well." the two staff members left without another word, leaving the remaining four of us in front of the main entrance, the other groups just leaving to look at different parts of the school.

turning to jaemin, i tugged at the sleeve of his blazer, trying to subtly not make eye contact with the two boys in front of us.

"jaemin, this is insane." i murmured, my heart racing as they both approached, not leaving jaemin enough time to actually respond.

he looked timid, playing with the hem of his sleeves as they both stood in front of us, not knowing what exactly to say.

he recognised me as well as i did, and i could tell.

jaemin cleared his throat loudly, shaking me off of his sleeve, turning to the two boys with a smile spread across his lips.

"i suppose we should show you our school?" he said, the words filled with forced emotion, "i'm jaemin, by the way, and this..."

waiting for me to respond, no words left my mouth for a brief second as my eyes landed on the blonde haired boy in front of me, his eyes meeting mine once again.

it was purely an accidental, brief second of eye contact, yet it felt like we were staring at eachother for minutes, the other two people's movements and actions halting next to us.

you're just shocked, i repeated in my head, not fully understanding why this boy was bothering me so much.

so his name was chenle...

chenle.

i felt a sharp sting in my side as i looked to see jaemin had just pinched me to get my attention again.

i hissed as i turned to him, met by a piercing glare to just introduce myself like a normal person.

"i... i'm naeun." i breathed, looking at the floor as i straightened my skirt, glancing up at the two boys briefly.

huang renjun seemed very at ease, and honestly looked a bit confused at the tension in the air, standing patiently as he watched all three of us awkwardly hovering around.

when my eyes shifted to where he was, our eyes locked once again and we gazed at one another for probably less than two seconds but what felt like hours.

jaemin yanked on my blazer and i fell over to him, straightening myself up next to him.

he smiled at the two foreigners, nudging me to do the same as he gestured for them to come closer so we could start walking inside to begin showing them around.

"let's start at the cafeteria?"

𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 ➷

i felt a strong tug on my arm, yanking me to the side, a couple feet further away from the two chinese boys.

i turned to look up at jaemin who had an unreadable expression on his face, changing his gaze from me to the two boys every few seconds.

"naeun, he's—" he began.

"i know, oh my god." i brought my hand up to my lips and gently nibbled on my fingernails, not to the point where i would break them however.

"you should ask what number he has on his arm, i bet he remembers you." jaemin said loudly, making me hiss through gritted teeth as i lunged forward and pushed my hand against his mouth.

he grabbed my wrist and pulled my hand away, pulling a face at me, and mouthing 'what'.

"you're so loud!" i whisper shouted, shooting him a glare, "and no! why the hell would i ask a complete stranger his soulmate number? he probably doesn't even care, and it's not that big of a deal. it's just a coincidence."

"but he doesn't feel like a stranger, does he?" i turned to look at jaemin who's expression had changed drastically, the seriousness in his tone visible.

"don't be ridiculous, this is the first time i've properly been introduced to him." i snapped back.

something was screaming at me from the back of my mind, trying to unlock a lost memory.

but i shook it off.

chenle was just an exchange student who i just so happened to run into before he started at our school.

anyway, it was probably just me thinking a lot about my number, since i'd turned eighteen not long ago.

jaemin and i both glanced over at chenle and renjun, who were both talking to eachother in low voices, clearly about something that wasn't something they wanted us to hear.

not that we could understand most of what they were saying even if we could hear them.

my eyes met chenle's, triggering a sudden panic within me and i quickly looked in any other direction other than his.

"believe what you want, but i'm going to find your soulmate if you're not going to." jaemin announced as we shuffled back to the other two.

i opened my mouth to suggest where we could go next, and just as i did, chenle began to speak, probably asking about wherever we were heading to.

both of us stopped abruptly and awkwardly glanced at eachother, and he gestured for me to carry on speaking with a shy smile.

"we could show you the gymnasium and locker rooms next." i said.

both of them nodded, jaemin and i stepping in front of them as we made our way towards the locker rooms and gym.

he bent forward slightly, so that he was level with my head and leant towards me, murmuring in my ear with a sly grin.

"shouldn't be too hard."