. ⋅ ˚̣ episode 13 ˚̣⋅ .

i don't know how to get
you out of my head

chenle and i sat in silence besides mrs song for longer than we probably should have, not knowing what to say straight away and not managing to mentally decide between ourselves who was to speak up

she looked at us expectantly, craning her neck slightly as she switched her gaze to both of us, watching closely for any kind of reaction.

i opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came out as i stared back at her slightly startled.

"the reason i ask," she began, sighing as she straightened her body up, taking our hesitation to give her reasoning, "is because i know that your grandmother is chinese, yes?"

i nodded slowly as a response, my mouth still hanging open a small amount, noticing chenle gaze over at me in the corner of my eye.

"and you know a relatively good amount of mandarin from what i've seen. obviously, chenle does speak good korean, but sometimes if there is a misunderstanding in translation, you would logically be the best person to help out," she paused for a moment, her hand gestures halting as she held her right hand out in my direction.

"you see where i'm getting at?" realising that we'd both been awfully quiet, chenle and i hurriedly nodded and muttered in understanding, exchanging quick glances before turning back to mrs song.

"so you're ok with being partners? i can rely on you, naeun?"

hesitantly looking to chenle for confirmation, he just nodded again, his eyes slightly wider than usual and his lips ever so slightly pursed.

"uh, yeah, that's—" i hardly finished when mrs song huffed in relief, placing a hand on my shoulder and cutting me off as she thanked me for my cooperation before walking back to the front of the class.

glancing once again at chenle, we didn't have time to say anything to one another before mrs song was beginning the class, already talking as the rest of us the class settled down

grabbing my bag to get my things for the lesson out, i felt a small tap on my shoulder, making me twist my body round in my seat to look behind me, my hands still inside my bag. 

jaemin and hyerin were both looking at me from the desks, jaemin mouthing "what was that about?" to me.

hesitating for a moment whilst taking my pencil case out, i swallowed back the small lump at the back of my throat.

"i'll explain at lunch." i murmured back, just loud enough for them to here before turning around to focus on our lesson.