1 - in a hurry

You find out that Peter, your best friend, is Spiderman

As you closed your eyes to sleep his face popped in your head, yet again. The scratches on his face that you'd always ask him about met your mind for a second, before you moved on to his caring actions that he didn't even notice himself. The way he'd always make sure that you were okay, every morning on the way to school. Or how he'd always hold the door, even if it made him run even later than he already was to class. Or the way his eyes always visited yours, even before speaking.
Peter Parker was really special to you. And unlike every other girl in school, you actually saw him for who he was, instead of his nerdy likings that were unpopular in your school. But you loved it. Ned would always make fun of you, every time you'd mention anything un-nerdy, but then you'd tease him by saying that you'd leave the group if he didn't stop. And every time you'd suggest leaving, every time, Peter's eyes would run to yours and widen in horror, until his brown eyes met your smile, and he realized that you were joking. You, Peter and Ned were nothing without one another. Best friends. And with that in mind, you finally fell asleep.

You woke at once, and you beat the alarm by a minute. It was Monday, and you were finally seeing Peter and Ned. Sure, you three FaceTimed and played computer games all weekend, but it wasn't the same as being together. As you made your bed, your phone rang, and you picked up immediately, seeing his face on your screen before picking up.

"Peter!" you answered lightly
"Hi, y/n," Peter whispered
"I, uuh, I'm not coming to school today, and thought you'd want to know"
"Pete, where are you?" you asked immediately
"Home, why?" his tone changed into a happier sound
"Why were you whispering?"
"Y/n I don't have time, just-uh, sorry, I know we were supposed to do that presentation today" Peter struggled
"I got to go" he whispered at once, and ended the call.

Having heard Peter's last words from the phone, you quickly text Ned to figure out what was going on. And Ned, being the bad texter, you thought, didn't answer. And so you called. And no answer. With the panic of a child before riding to school on the first day of school, you knew something was up.
You quickly put on some clothes, washed up, grabbed a banana, and ran out of the house, as if your life depended on it. Like a tornado would shake a house, your hands trembled as you unlocked the lock to your bike. You knew you were overreacting, but you didn't know why. Something about his tone, his struggle. You've never heard him in such a hurry before, Peter would always let you end the call, to make sure there were no misunderstandings.
One pedal at a time you rode your bike to Peter's, and knocked on the door, expecting to see Aunt May. But no one was home. So you ran out of the building, and hurried to school, found both Ned's and Peter's locker, but they were nowhere. You even tried running to Ned's, that was 5 minutes away, walking distance, from the school, but with no luck.

You didn't know what was going on, and you had no idea what to do. With tears in your eyes and a lump in your throat, you managed to finish your classes without Peter's quirky comments. And as school ended, you decided to try your luck, one last time. You knocked on the door to Peter's thrice, and as you heard it unlock, your heart beat as fast as your feet hit the pedals, when riding the bike. And there he was. With even more scratches on his face, you noticed his lip was bleeding. The door was ajar, as he poked out his face, to see yours. Peter's eyes looked red, and as he licked his bottom lip, you noticed the green color of his face.
You were standing there, witnessing his struggling, for a whole minute, as his breaths became louder and louder. You put your hand on the door, whilst coming closer to his face.

"Peter," you whispered, getting so close, that you could see his pupils widen, "what's going on?". "I-" Peter let out a sigh, before finishing, "God, I just-, I don't know". His eyes met the ground, and not yours, for the very first time. "Can I at least come in?" you asked, and with the tremble in your voice, miraculously, Peter widened the opening of the door before stepping to the side, still eyes locked on the ground, waiting for you to come in. As you walked in, he closed and locked the door behind you, and waited a few seconds before turning around to meet your eyes again. "Okay, then" his airy voice said, as he raised his hand, leading the way to the kitchen table, for you to sit by.

You sat across him, and his folded hands on the table, you noticed, started to fiddle.
"What happened to you? What's been happening lately? You come every day with new wounds, and you never let me i-." you said, but choked in the lump in your throat, that had haunted you the whole day. Peter, being Peter, noticed the faint line bwteen your eyebrows, and put his thumb on it, to caress it and make it go away, as his mouth opened slightly and his eyes widened as if being extremely focused. You sighed in this movement, waiting for him to ignore the question.
"Telling you this will be the dumbest thing I've ever done," Peter said, and surprised you by not ignoring, and by standing up so suddenly, to take a seat by you, and place his arms over your shoulders. "but I'd rather tell you, than seeing you be so tortured by not knowing." Peter finished, being inches away from your face, and looking directly into your eyes. Peter noticed the uncommon intimidacy and smoothness he showed, and therefore his arms moved shyly away from your shoulders, to meet in a knot yet again on the table.
You were still waiting. Waiting for the truth.
"I am not wh-who you think I am, y/n" he raised his look from his folded hands to the wall. "what do you m-" "I'm Spiderman" Peter interrupted, and started nervously playing with his brown hair, as the candle light in front of you both flickered in an instant. "you're what?" you hissed. "I'm spider-" "yeah, I heard you dummy" you said as your hand flicked to then meet your forehead and closed eyes. Suddenly, you let out a loud breathe, and with horror Peter took it upon him, to start rambling on and apolizing, before he realized that the breath you let out was in a relation to a smile. You raised your head and dropped your hand on your lap, before revealing your smile, and like a bunny, Peter's eyes widened and lighted up, and his mouth formed the biggest, dorkiest smile you had every seen. "Y-you're not mad?" Peter raised his boysih voice and sounded almost like a child. As you shook your head, you questioned why you would be mad, but released the thought of him thinking so pretty quickly, as Peter raised both his arms, as if about to hug, and let out a loud, but soft chuckle, whilst his smile now was even bigger and his mouth now open. "Can I hug you?" you ask in awe, as you realize how lucky you were to know him, and the atmosphere changed within the flick of a light. "Yeah, y/n, always" he answered as soft as he could, as he lowered his arms to fit you in. The warmth of him made you realize how nervous he must've been, and you wondered whether or not he was thinking the same. As he tightened the hug, you could feel every single breath he took, and you loved every second of it.