6 - the new avenger

A/N

Hey everyone! Thank you for the views! I love writing, and so I would also love it if any of you had any feedback. Not many of you are commenting or voting (which is totally fine!!!), so I can't tell if you like my stories or how the sitch' is, and I'd appreciate it, if you could give me some feedback if you want to :) Anyways, enjoy this story, where you meet the Avengers for the first time, officially a part of the team.

"When's she here?" Peter repeated for the fifth time, practically throwing acid into Tony Stark's brain with his annoyance. "She. Will. Be. Here." Tony answered, in a stern voice turning his head at Peter to stone him with the look in his eyes. Peter finally gave up, hence throwing his hands up, as if just being caught stealing, whispering "Wow, dude, sorry". The whole team was waiting for y/n in the Stark Tower, the newest member of The Avengers.

You didn't really see the appeal at first, because you didn't fully grasp that you were special. And so when you saw that THE Tony Stark had texted you, you thought it was a scam. That was until, of course, he knocked on your door two days later, telling you that he had plans for you. All you really knew was that you could make plants grow, but that was it. Never in your wildest imagination did you think that you would be able to save lives. After years of training, Mr. Stark finally said that you were ready, espe since you had just turned y/a (your age), and Mr. Stark knew that it would only be fair, since Peter had turned y/a recently too. You didn't know anyone on the team, well you knew their "alto-egos" so to speak, but you didn't know who they were. But today, you were finally meeting the people who you had spent so much time idolizing and preparing to be a part of.

When Happy finally dropped you off, after a long ride, lasting forever, you squealed in excitement, making Happy jump.

And there you were, look into a room full of heroes who looked like people who could walk past you any day on the street. The door was open, so you just walked in, awkwardly standing on the threshold and watching the silence of the heroes, who all seemed to be in their own little bubble. You shook the uncomfortable silence off your shoulders, put on a big smile, and decided to knock softly on the door. Everyone in the room turned their heads as fast as they could looking appalled and ready to fight, but quickly came to their feet again, once they saw your face. "Ah! Y/n!" Mr. Stark greeted you, and walked up to you, now facing the rest of the tram with one hand on your shoulder. "Y/n, this is Avengers, Avengers, this is y/n" Mr. Stark gestured, and looked at you as you chuckled in excitement, almost drowning yourself in your raised shoulders, trying to hide your red face. "Hi" you wheezed, and you were almost confident, that no one had heard you, but was too afraid to try again. As you were about to shake Black Widow's hand, who you now had to get used to calling Natasha Romanoff, a small figure came running towards the two of you, shoving Natasha's hand away from yours, and putting his up instead, as stiffly as he could, to hide that he felt like bursting in excitement. "I'm Peter!" he said loudly. A huge smile creeped out of your mouth, and you shook his hand. "Oh, I'm Spiderman by the way," he let go of your hand now standing right beside you pretend-whispering, the back of his hand floating right by your ear. You just stared at him, not knowing what to say before he raised his eyebrows and said; "oh, well you know, pew, pew!" Peter pretended to shoot webs from his wrists, whilst looking desperately at you, trying to make you recognize him. "Yeah, I know you," you said, now on the verge of bursting into laughter from the excitement, but still feeling awkwardness, and a mixture of awkwardness and excitement, you realized, wasn't a good cocktail for making a good first impression. "you're-uh, actually my favorite". The moment you said that Peter's eyebrows fell down and he let out an exaggerated sigh, pretending to wipe off some sweat from his forehead. "Phew, thought you-, yeah, yeah, that'd be awkward" he said to himself, looking at the ground.

When you had finished shaking everyone's hand you fell to a chair in the kitchen, that was placed beside the room you were all hanging out in, and took a deep breath, trying to understand what had just happened. As you were looking for a glass to drink water from, you heard a soft knock from behind you. You closed the cabinet door quickly, scared of being accused of stealing. Peter noticed this by the threshold, and in a very nonchalant matter, smiled at the ground, understanding your childlike behavior, to then get a glass for himself. "Uh-, can I get one of those?" you asked nicely, moving closer to Peter. He handed you a glass and pointed at the water dispenser beside you. As your glass seemed full enough, Peter quietly handed you his glass, and said; "do you mind?" with a fluff and innocence in his voice. You smiled and shook your head, took his glass, filled it with water and gave it back to him. You two were standing, looking awkwardly in the air, drinking your water, both of your backs relaxing on the countertop. You actually enjoyed the silence, both feeling drained from the overly excited atmosphere you had found yourselves in earlier. "You hungry?" Peter broke the silence, still staring into the air. "What d'you have?" you asked, still staring blindly into nothingness. Peter shook his head, as if he had just woken up, and walked slowly to the fridge, scanned it quickly, and said: "Absolutely nothing," he sighed in disappointment and let his head fall down signaling the anticlimax of the situation, still crouching down in front of the fridge. "Oh," you said, clearly not expecting him to get so beaten down by the fact that there was nothing in the fridge, "don't worry, I wasn't that hungry anyway" you said, trying to brush off his worries. "Well I am", Peter pouted his lips at the ground and raised himself slowly to stand beside you again. "Sorry dude," you chuckled at his childish behavior, like how he had chuckled at yours earlier, now realizing that his needs were important too, "I bet there are some good restaurants around here, huh?" you nudged him softly with your elbow, trying to lighten the mood with the soft tone of your voice. He shrugged, but you saw a tiny movement in his lips, indicating a held-back smile. "You're a baby," you suggested, looking at thin air again, now smiling at Peter's attempt to stop smiling, "wait are you a baby?" you asked genuinely, frowning in question, and now looking directly at Peter. You cut off his date with the thin air, and he looked at you with risen eyebrows, "What?" he asked, indicating the ludicrousness of your question with the tone of his voice. "I mean," you sighed, realizing how dumb that sounded, and softly facepalmed yourself, "how old are you?". "I'm practically an adult," he said objectively, "I'm 17". "So you are a baby." you answered in the same 'matter-of-fact' tone he had just used. "Am not!" he answered swinging his head at your direction, looking extremely offended with crossed arms and an open mouth. You shrugged and your eyebrows copied the movement of your shoulders, and then you looked the other way, trying to make Peter realize that his attitude just proved your point. "Okay, then y/n, how old are you then?" Peter said cockily now standing in front of you, pointing at your chest at the "you", but looking deep into you eyes. You couldn't help but chuckle at the situation, and when you did, Peter saw this as a win, and took his place back at the counter with crossed arms, now smirking. "At least I got you smiling" you suggested, shrugging again. Peter snickered at your comment, giving a small "yeah".

Finally, when you all were beat from socializing and training, you were shown to your room, and you waved weakly at Peter, who's room was a more than thirty feet in front of yours, and gave him a faint smile, to thank him for a great day and his encouraging comments during training, making you get back on your feet. He returned your gratitude with a bigger smile, yet still weak, and a lift of his hand as a wave. He looked down on the ground shyly before looking back at you again, both of you acknowledging the beauty of your newfound friendship, and excited to see each other the next day. You both closed the door at the same time, after a minute of just looking and smiling at each other.

I'm 17 btw

you texted Peter

I knew it.. you're a baby too

He answered within a second

Right, spider

Shut up flower girl

That just doesn't sound insulting does it? lol

Wasn't meant to be insulting

Thank you for today you big baby

So happy that someone my age is here now. Thank YOU small fetus

Goodnight Peter

Goodnight y/n

You both fell asleep with a smile on your faces