11 - spiderman's wound

You couldn't believe your eyes. There you were, walking down the street at 9pm, music in your ears, ready to get a good night's sleep only to stand right in front of Spiderman. A blocks away from where you lived, he was lying on the hard concrete, blood coming from somewhere undetected as a result of the color of his suit, making where the hell the blood was coming from impossible to find. He was twitching a bit, indicating that he was still alive with shaky breaths, and so with pure adrenaline in your body, you managed to drag him to your apartment. You layed him on your bed, now panicking after the realization of what was happening. He was so still and was so focused on his breaths that he first decided to say something after a few minutes, that, for you, felt like hours. "T-thank you," he struggled, groaning quietly, "if you could just- it's my arm". Without hesitation, you ran over to him to help him pull down his suit, so you could see the wound. He was trying to do it on his own, but quickly gave up, and relied now entirely on your assistance. Your eyes widened as you saw the deep wound, and you were now panicking even more. With still shaky breaths, but remaining calm, Spiderman said: "H-hey, you're doing great.". You felt that he was looking at your eyes, but you couldn't really tell from the mask. You grabbed your phone and as you were about to call the ambulance, Spiderman shook his head in such a rush, that you thought he was going to pass out. "But you need help, please just let me-" you said rushed, and tried to click 'call', but was stopped by Spiderman's weak hand, brushing your finger off the phone. "Please, no ambulance" he said, in clear frustration. You took a minute to think. "I'll be right back!" you whispered loudly, running to find the first aid kit. When you came back, you saw him now sitting up, struggling to look at the wound, twisting his body in clear agony and pain, even though you couldn't see his face. "No! No, lay down, don't-" you said in panic, and pushed him gently down, as he groaned quietly again. You steadied your hands, took a deep breath, and whispered "you can do this" to yourself, before putting the thread through the needle. "You can do this," Spiderman repeated with a trembling voice, sounding like a young boy, but clearly trying to calm himself down to your comfort, "you can do this". And in that, your hand was the steadiest it could be, and you patched the wound as good as you could, knowing that it would leave a clear and ugly scar, once healed, but also realizing that you couldn't do any better. Spiderman was groaning the whole time, and you ached as you felt his body twitch in tenseness and he led out a repressed scream, clearly trying to make you feel more confident, as you shakily poured the alcohol straight on to the wound. He placed his hand on your arm, and pressed it a little in pain during the actual patching of the wound, and you weirdly felt more and more comfortable with every squeeze he gave you, providing with, although an act of pain, some sort of reality check, making your hands steadier. Without knowing it, you had finished. Spiderman let out a huge sigh, just right before you did the same, as you threw yourself onto the bed beside him, but regretting it moments later, as he groaned yet again, when the bed bounced a bit in your cathartic toss onto the bed.
You both took a few minutes to catch your breaths, before any of you said anything. "Thank you," Spiderman whispered, now with a more steady breath, "I'll be out of your hair now." Spiderman tried to get up in agony, but you were quick to push him back onto the bed again, knowing that he wouldn't be able to get home on his own. "I think it's best that you stay here," you said, now looking at his mask's eyes, "just until you feel better and can get on your feet". You let out another sigh. Spiderman had now turned his head at you, and was just staring at you. You felt awkward, and decided to just stare at the ceiling, trying not to show that you knew that he was staring.

You both lied there in silence. It was peaceful, you thought, you felt alive. "I should probably give you some space" you finally said, getting up slowly. "Can you help me with one last thing?" he asked, a little nervousness crawling out of his voice, you thought. "Anything." you yawned softly. "I need to take off my mask, I can barely breath in this thing" he said, and a smile could be heard from the tone of his voice, before a weak chuckle came from both of you. "Uh, are you sure?" you asked, as you stepped closer to him. He nodded weakly, still lying on your bed, now not looking at you, but at the ceiling, since you were standing by the threshold on the way to the living room couch. You walked slowly over to him, and sat on the edge of the bed. Spiderman had already placed his hand on the mask, and had been trying to take it off, but with little to no energy left, he needed help to lift his head, for the mask to get pulled off completely. And so you lifted his head in adoration, as he gave little chuckle instead of a groan, still radiating pain, but trying to comfort you, and made you feel warm inside. The first thing you saw was a tiny boy's smile. He could be as old as you were, you thought. And with closed eyes, but a relieved face, you took a minute to admire the peaceful boy that was on your bed at this moment. "I'm Peter," he groaned, still with closed eyes and a smile, "might as well tell you". You  exchanged calm and compassionate smiles with each other. "I'm y/n" you finally blurted out with a tilted head, still just looking at Peter with awe. You felt like stroking his hair and make him fall asleep in your calm stroking movements, as his brown and loose curls screamed for your hand, but you decided not to give in to the bizarre, but comfortable silence that made you feel like you had known Peter your whole life, and instead, you just listened to his breaths getting deeper and deeper. "Thank you y/n" Peter finally whispered, and made you feel extremely relieved. And as his and your heart beat were the only sounds in the room, you followed the speed of his, and decided that he was now sleeping, as his heart beat slowed significantly down as his breaths were now deeper than they had been the whole night. You got up, slowly, trying to be as quiet as possible, walked to the entrance of the room, your eyes transfixed at Peter. At the threshold, you took a second to take in the peaceful look on Peter's face, before walking to the couch in the living room, with a huge smile on your face.