chapter 14

Hannah's POV:

As soon as Jenny and Maddie arrived they changed into their bathing suits right away.  We all quickly ran outside to the pool and got in.  We swam around for a while until the boys both jumped in creating huge splashes.  

As they came up from under the water, Trevor says, "What have you guys been doing?"

"What do you think dumbass?!" I replied as everyone else let out a small laugh.

The girls and I swam around and so did the boys.

"You know what we should do?" Trevor asks as he swam up to us.

"what?" I ask him.

"we should make a wave pool." He answers.

Both of our faces light up which lets him know that I'm in.  We both hop out of the pool and Jack follows along.  

As I get to the edge, Jenny says, "wait wait wait, I know what you mean but I also don't."

"Basically you either jump into the pool as fast as you can until it makes you dizzy, or you stay in the pool with a floating hitting the water to make waves." I tell her.

"Or," Jack says and I look at him some what confused, "you stay in the pool and do nothing but get hit by waves" 

"Yeah that too" I tell them.  

"You guys can do whatever you want but I-" I quickly get interrupted by Trevor jumping in and Jack quickly following after.

"See ya" I tell the girls as I jump quickly after the boys.

Soon enough Jenny and Emily get out of the pool too and start jumping into the pool.  The waves keep getting bigger and bigger as we continue to jump.  Owen run out of one of the back doors in his bathing suit and jumps right into the pool, being caught by all of the waves.  He makes sure to stay away from the middle so that we don't accidentally jump on him.  

I jumped in quickly, and hopped right back out running to the edge to jump again when someone stopped me in my path.

"Hannah!!!"  I look up to see my dad blocking my way not looking very impressed.

From behind his shoulder I can see Trevor telling everyone to stop jumping as he sees that dad is home.  Once everyone calms down, it's quiet with small waves still rolling.  

"I just filled up this pool yesterday and you're already emptying it!" Dad says slightly annoyed.

"Seriously?! Can't we have a little bit of fun?" I say 

"I'm glad to see you're having fun, but with our last pool we had you guys did this way too much." He says.

"so you're telling me that I missed out on wave pools all the time?!" Trevor says as he walked up to us.

"Sucks to be you doesn't it?" I say to him.

He gives me the finger in return but I just smile at him.

"Oh my god" dad says as he walks back into the house.  

I grabbed a towel and started to dry myself off.  Jenny and Emily did the same as me.

"where are the towels?" someone asks me.

I turn around to see Jack.

"They're in the closet upstairs, I can get one for you." I say to him. 

"No no that's fine I can get it," he says, "I just don't have a clue where that is" He finishes his sentence with a smiley laugh.

I let out a small laugh and say, "right"

"how about you just show me now so that I don't have to ask you for a towel every single time?" He suggests

"Wow what a genius idea" I sarcastically say with a little bit of enthusiasm.

I start to walk back towards the house expecting him to follow me.  He didn't.

"You coming?" I ask from ahead.

"yep" He says back.

He follows me through our house while we leave a trail of water droplets everywhere.  I start walking up the stairs and about half way up I hear a small sound.  I turn around to see Jack catching himself from falling.

"you good?" I say with a laugh.

"shut up" he jokingly says with a smile as I laugh again.

As we reach the top of the stairs jack says, "I don't think I've actually ever seen the rest of your house besides Trev's room, the kitchen, and the living room." 

"Really?" I say

"Pretty sure." 

"I mean I could show you if you want." I say

"sure" he responds back with another smile as we reach the closet outside of Ellas room in the hallway.

"Towels for the pool are normally gonna be on this shelf" I say as I grab him a towel.

"I think Trevor wants one too." 

"okay." I say as I grab another and he takes them both.

"Thank you." 

"No problem." I say.

A small laugh comes from somebody that wasn't jack or me.  I look to my left to see Ella standing in her doorway looking at us.

"You guys are too funny." She says clearly amused.

"You know what?" Jack says turning to me.

I give him a questioning look as he answers himself.

"I have the perfect guy for Ella," he says as I raise my eyebrows, "he's funny, nice, athletic and he lives around here."

I think I know what he's getting to.

"That's just you're type Ella." I say.

"That's everyones type." she says back.

"best part is," jack says looking from Ella back to me,"he lives right next door" He has a proud smile on his face now as I do too.

"Seriously Jack just ask her out already" Ella says knowing what she had just done.

My face went red right away and only got worse when Jack says, "well maybe I just will."

Oh.  My.  God.

If I had water right now I would've been spitting it out.  NO NO NO HE DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!  As if it was perfect timing Trevor and the girls walk up the stairs and see us three standing there.  My face red like a tomato, jack with a smile, and Ella with the biggest smirk on her face.

"woah," Trevor says reaching the top step, "what's going on here?"

"confrontation, advice session... call it whatever you want but it was pure gold!" Ella says laughing.  

Jack looks at me and I'm pretty sure he is mouthing the word "sorry" so I just smile and lightly nod.

"well I was coming up to see where my towel was.  I was starting to get worried that you punched him out or something." Trevor says.

"You're STILL on that?!" I reply.

"you thought I wouldn't be?!" He says as I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm completely missing something" jack says.

"One time I had this friend over and Hannah punched him in the face out of nowhere thinking it was me."  Trevor says.

"Damn Zegras" Jack says while looking me up and down.