Once Upon a Time When Life was Simpler

Trigger Warnings: implied sexual assault/rape, self deprecation, swearing (the part in italics is almost so sweet and fluffy it'll rot your teeth right outa your head)

Virgil laid on his luscious bed, tears stained on his fur and more still dropping. Everything from his flanks below was completely numb from what Arron did to him. It was so hard and painful this time he knew the StarBlaze king was either angry or horny, or both. Either way it ended with him taking his emotions out on Virgil and Virgil being in seven worlds of pain and anguish afterwards. The black wolf shoved his muzzle into the cotton, moss, wool and feather lined nest made for him to stifle his sobs.

This thoughts drifted to his friends, the poor wolves he had to meet and had to befriend and had to get them into trouble. He never should've stayed with them. He should've kept moving, continuing his journey to the WasteLands where he could wither away to nothing and not bother anyone ever again. But no, he had to go and catch feelings for Logan, oh god Logan. He must hate him by now, first telling him he loved him then revealing that he already had a "mate". Yeah, Logan was probably pissed and would never want to talk to him again.

In all reality Virgil had absolutely no romantic feelings for Arron whatsoever, but, alas, he was stuck with him.

Virgil closed his eyes and allowed sleep to consume him and take him to a different world, one where he wasn't such a screw up and was actually happy.

_______________

"Virgil hurry up or we're gonna miss it!" a dark grey and white wolf called as he ran through the hallways to the courtyard.

"Remy wait up! I'm not as fast as you!" a pure black wolf pup cried as he barreled behind his brother.

The two rounded one of the dens and arrived in the courtyard just in time to see their mothers finishing the last words.

"Then by the powers granted to us by the sun and moon we knight thee Captain Talyn of the royal army and General Joan of the royal army. Serve your kingdoms well new leaders," a pale silver almost white she-wolf with a beautiful silver crown on her head decreed.

The two wolves before her, one a mixture of grey and white the other white with black markings, bowed their heads before popping up with big smiles and looking over at the two young princes.

"You two are dismissed," the second she-wolf, a pretty dark grey female with no white markings on her pelt and a simple gold crown on her head, said to the two newly knighted warriors.

They nodded before bounding away to the army's personal dens.

"Remy, Virgil, my dears, what're you doing out here?" the silver queen asked, her light blue, almost grey, eyes bright with life as she gazed at her sons.

"Remy wanted to see his friends get knighted!" Virgil yipped, his black tail wagging as he bounced over to his mothers.

"Is that so. Well that's sweet of you my little hummingbird," the dark grey queen said, striding over and giving her oldest son a lick between the ears.

"Oriana I do believe I was the one to carry these two for two months each therefore making him our hummingbird," the silver mother giggled, looking up from her black son to her mate.

"But of course Ilta, he's just going to be the one to take my throne of the SunLight Kingdom when the time is right as Virgil will take your throne of the MoonBlood Kingdom," remarked Oriana, a sparkle in her cloudy pale blue and white, pupilless eyes. 

"Mama will I get a pretty crown like yours?" Remy asked, pointing with his nose at the simple golden chain crown on his mother's forehead.

"But of course my love, in fact, your crown as well as Virgil's have already been made," answered Oriana.