I'll Wait

I stood quietly in Aaron's room with Derik. He and I were both quiet.

     "Aphmau, I've barely known you for long, but I knew I didn't want anyone to get close to Aaron. I didn't want him to hurt anyone or himself. I told him to stay away from people, but he's always been so stubborn. I'm sure you're aware of that since you've been with him for quite a while. I've always loved him so much but I wanted him to be safe. I know how much he loves you. If we were awake right now I know he would be holding you in his arms. He cares about you more than you'll know," He said walking over and putting his hand on my back. I put on a small smile.

     "I love him so much," Was all I got out. 

     "I know. You know he has to be away for a while," He said.

     "H-How long?" I asked.

     "A year," He said quietly.

     "A year?!" I asked.

     "Yes, it will be hard but you need to do it. For him," He said.

     "I-I-I'll wait," I said quietly.

     "That was easier than it will be for Aaron," He said.

     "I love him," I said with my head dropping.

     "I know, he loves you more than you'll ever know, Aphmau," He said.

     "You'll need to be strong for him," He said. I nodded.

     "I'll try as hard as I can," I said with tears running down my cheeks. He hugged me and I began to cry.

      "I'll give you some time to say goodbye alone," He said walking towards the door. I nodded and walked up to Aaron.

      "Aaron, I don't know if you can hear me, but I just want to talk to you. I love you so much. I'm so sorry. I hope you will forgive me. I'll never forgive myself if anything happens to you. I love you so much. Please, forgive me," I cried into his chest. I kissed him on the forehead. I love him so much. I gave him another kiss when I heard Derik open the door.

      "You need to head out," He said coming up behind me.

      "Ok," I said.

      "I love you, Aaron. I'll see you next year," I said in tears. I kissed him again and walked out to everyone. My mom hugged me and I cried to her.

      "Why don't we go back to your childhood home. I know you'd love that so I already repurchased the house," She said running her fingers through my hair. I nodded and she drove us to my childhood home. She helped me get settled in and left me to be alone with my thoughts for a while.