His Birthday

I sat on my bed and a tear ran down my cheek. Today is Aaron's birthday... And I wasn't there with him. I love him so much and I miss him. I sighed and got out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I washed my face and did some very light makeup, it was all waterproof. I got into a black long-sleeve shirt and slid Aaron's jacket on. I tied his bandana around my wrist and walked downstairs. I let the dogs into the backyard. I walked to the living room and sat down on the couch and turned on the tv to distract myself. I sat there watching tv when Zane walked into the house. I smiled and he hugged me. 

     "How are you feeling?" He asked.

     "Ok, it's hard not being there on his birthday," I said looking down at the ground.

     "Hey, it'll be alright. Just calm down," He said hugging me again.

     "I'm trying to just distract myself by being on my phone and watching tv," I said.

     "Well, why don't you go out for lunch with Garroth, Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan, and I," Zane said.

     "Ok, that sounds fun," I said. 

     "I'm gonna head back to my house and change. We'll leave in half an hour," He said.

      "Alright, see you in a bit," I smiled as he left. I walked upstairs and put on some shoes.

     I walked downstairs and let the dogs in

     I walked downstairs and let the dogs in. I pet them for a while and soon Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan drove by to pick me up.

     "Hey, girl," Katelyn said smiling. I smiled and got into the passenger's seat. Kawaii~Chan sat in the back leaving me the front seat. 

     "Hey," I smiled.

     "How are you?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

     "Ok, I guess," I said.

     "This must be hard for you," Katelyn said looking over at me.

     "It is," I said as she started to drive. We talked on the way there. We ate lunch and talked for a while. 

     "Aph, if you don't mind me asking, did you do anything for Aaron? If you could," Garroth asked.

     "I mailed him a present a couple days ago. It should've gotten to him today," I said. 

     "That's nice," Zane said. 

     "I miss him," I said. 

     "I know, but you are strong. You can do this for him," Katelyn said. I nodded as she rubbed my back.

     "We should get going," Kawaii~Chan said. We paid and all got into the cars. Katelyn drove us home. I said goodbye to them and inside. It still was so hard not to be there on his birthday...