Chapter 4: Cupcake

We finally reached back by 4 or something and everybody was very tired because of all the walking around we did, thanks to Melvin's "new and healthy lifestyle" techniques and the fact that he forgot to fill up petrol in the van. I had pizza for lunch after years. I don't know why we were not allowed to have pizza as a meal back home.

Ila straight away walked into the spare bedroom downstairs and the next thing we heard was a "thump" and that's it. Lhea was already sleeping on Melvin's lap in the van and he carried her inside and left her in the room too. I started to go up the stairs to go to my room when he decided to speak again.

"Juliet, what do you think of dragons?"

"Same as what you think of trolls." Manik replied, settling comfortably on the couch. I rolled my eyes with whatever energy I had and turned to go back up.

"You want a pet dragon?" He asked me giving me a weird look.

I stopped at looked at him unbelievably. "You want a pet troll?"

"See, that's exactly why I want one. Nobody likes them. Don't they have feelings? Why does everybody hate them? Because they look ugly? They are treated very badly, and so I want one for a pet and I will give it all my pet love!"

"Pet love?"

"Yeah, the part of my love reserved for pets." He said it like it was very obvious.

"Okay. But don't do you think a troll is a tiny little bit big for you?"

"No no no, I want one of those small trolls for a pet. The tiny cute round ones. I wouldn't mind a big one too, it'd be so much fun, but housing it would be the problem."

Manik was chuckling on the couch and pretended to sleep when Melvin looked at him. I sighed in defeat and continued to go up the stairs.

"I'm gonna name him Troby by the way. Will make him feel powerful and cute. What are you gonna name your dragon?" He shouted from below just as I reached my door.

"Ask your friend. He's giving me the dragon."

And the last thing I heard before I closed my door and rolled my eyes was "Cupcake".

************

I know I was supposed to unpack but since I had already taken all the food outside, it didn't look very necessary to unpack right now. I kept scrolling through my phone unnecessarily because I had nothing else to do and I was too lazy to go down and endure more of them.

Somebody knocked on my door before opening it a little and peeking in.

"Still asleep?" Nithya asked before opening the door further.

"Nope. Woke up a long time back. Just lazy to move." I said sitting up straight on my bed.

"Well, nothing to do with you, but they all left. Except Ila. She's staying here today."

"Oh" was the only possible reply I could give.

Nithya chuckled. "Don't worry. She's a fine kid. Just that you're new and she's not good at being nice and sociable to new people." I smiled at her.

"I'm here to remind you to call up your office. Maddy already called me thrice to tell you this."

"Why.....didn't she call me?"

"Because I told her you were sleeping. It's okay to disturb me, not anybody else." She rolled her eyes and I laughed lightly. These two women were awesome.

"So you call them up and come down? Oh and what do you want for dinner?"

"Anything that I can help you make."