The Assassin II

From down the tree, I saw a girl sitting as she rested her back on the tree

I recognized her as the girl who saw me crying before.

Does she still remember me?

I don't know why I got too afraid of coming near her. Maybe because I know how dirty my heart and soul is, compared to her pure and innocent soul.

I stayed above the tree as I watched her. She took out all of the money in her small bag as she started counting. I just looked at her while she was busy counting, I assume that's the money she earned today or whatever.

Now, how will I leave this place without her noticing?

I sighed as I adjusted myself on the branch for a more comfortable position when I accidentally stepped on a branch and it broke causing it to fall down to the ground beside her. Luckily, she wasn't hit by it but unluckily, I knew that I just blew my cover.

She was surprised as she looked above the trees where I am currently at.

There's no point in hiding now.

I breathe deeply as I jump from the tree to the ground. I held my mask so it won't fall from my face.

I can't afford for her to see my face.

I am an assassin and seeing the face of an assassin meant danger to people. I don't want to bring danger to her.

And this mask will hide the monster inside me.

She remained seated on the ground as she looked at me, probably a little shocked because I just came down from a tree.

"Hey," I didn't know what to say so I greeted her with a simple word.

I don't know how she will respond to me since I may look weird in front of her because I'm wearing a mask. But, I really have no plans on taking this mask off.

So I was surprised when she chuckled a little and spoke, "I like your mask." She tapped the seat beside her. 

I bit my lip and decided to follow, even with the effect that she's giving me. I took a deep breath before sitting beside her, maintaining a distance between us.

"Where am I again?" she murmured to herself as she looked at the coins on the ground. It looked like I just ruined her concentration while she's counting her earnings.

I scratched the back of my head as I spoke, "Can I help?"

She looked at me for a while then smiled at me as she nodded. "Yes, please!"

I started counting the other coins as we combined them together in the end. And with that, I also started to count the days that I am with her.

We didn't really meet each other everyday since I am still an assassin. I shouldn't be attached to other people for they could be my weakness. So, there are just days that I go here.