Crush?

(Kyoutani POV)

"Really? I don't want you to be uncomfortable,"

For some reason I can't get those words out of my head. So that's what I'm thinking about when it's my turn to recieve, and that's the reason I got hit in the face with a ball.
My team rushes over to me asking if I'm okay.
"I'm fine," I grunt, and stand up.
"No your not, your nose is bloody and swelling a bit. You should get to the nurse," Iwaizumi says and I sigh.
When I get close to the nurses office I hear a familiar voice coming from inside.
"I'm fiiiinnee! It's just a rolled ankle! Coach was over exagerating,"
"Hun, the ankle is swolen," I hear the nurses voice.
"And?"
"I don't like that you've been at this school for less than a week and you're already a regular here,"
"I play like, three sports and I'm clumsy. What do you expect?"

I open the door to see (L/N) sitting on the chair with a swolen ankle sticking out. At the sound of the door opening she looks up.
"Oh hey Ky- Wait your face! Are you okay?" She gets off the chair and hops over to me on one foot. Then brings her hand out towards my face, before stopping herself. She retracts her hand and I feel something like, dissapointment?
"Kyo, are you okay?" She asks, and I hear genuine worry in her voice.
Why does she care so much?
"I'm fine. You?" I grunt, looking at her ankle.
Why do I care so much?
She rolls her eyes, "Oh I'm fine. This is nothing. I've rolled my ankles tons of times,"
"That's a sprain dear," says the nurse, still looking for something.
"It's all the same thing," she waves her hand and then looks at my face again, then rushes off to one of the cabniets. She grabs a washcloth and wets it with cold water. She hops back over to me.
"Lean your head forward and hold this over your nose, it should stop the bleeding," she hands me the washcloth and I do as she said.
"You sure seem experienced with bloody noses," I hear the nurse say.
"Hmm? Yeah. With sports and stuff I get them a lot," (L/N) says, and I can hear her sitting back down on a chair.
"You sure are injury prone huh?"
"I guess. Hey Kyo the bleeding has probably stopped by now,"
"I take the washcloth off and look at the nurse who comes out with some crutches. (L/N) groans and sinks into her chair.
"Nooooo. Not crutches," she complains.
"I'm sorry dear. You'll have to use them for about a week,"
"Oh great," (L/N) says sarcasticaly.
"Here, just let me bandage you up first," she says and then a kid comes in with something odd poking out of his eye, "Oh actually I should probably deal with this first. You there, do you know how to wrap up a swolen ankle?" She looks at me.
I nod, I've done it for my brother a few times.
"Perfect, here use this," the nurse throws a bandage at me and rushes to tend to the other kid.
I walk over to (L/N) and kneel down near her ankle, then start wrapping it up. She stays perfectly still the entire time and I can feel her eyes watching me.
I stand up and look down at the now wrapped ankle. She lifts her leg up to get a better view of the ankle and smiles at me.
"You're really good at! Thanks!"
I grunt and touch my nose, the swelling seems to have gone down.
"You might want to ice that for a couple of minutes," she says.
"I'm going back to practice," I grunt and turn around.

I feel a hand grab my wrist and (L/N) pulls me back and sits me down on a chair.
"No you aren't. If I have to miss a week of football (soccer) practice, then you can miss ten minutes to ice that nose," she says and hops over to the fridge. She pulls out an ice pack and hands it to me. When I don't take it she makes a face and pulls over another chair.
She gently presses the ice back to my nose and I flinch at the coldness.
"If your not going to take care of yourself I will do it for you," she sighs and ices a different part.
I stay silent, but when her (E/C) eyes meet mine and she smiles slightly I feel something weird in my stomach.
Am I sick?
She moves the ice pack over all the swollen parts and seems to be studying me my face in the proscess.
Why am I not protesting?
Her touch is gentle as some of her fingers skin over my cheek.
Why am I enjoying this?
In her eyes I can see real worry, that she's not doing this out of sympathy, like I origanly thought.
Why does she care so much?
Maybe around seven minutes go by when I hear an annoying voice from the door.

"Mad Dog? Are you he-" I see Oikawa and Iwaizumi walk in to the office and freeze. I growl and then feel a hand on my shoulder.
(L/N) looks at me with soft, but stern eyes and I sigh through my nose, looking away.
"No keep still," she says, bringing my face back to where it was before and continuing to ice it.
"(F/N)? What's happening?" Oikawa asks.
"He refused to ice his nose so I'm doing it for him," she says without looking away.
"Why were you even in the nurses office?" Iwaizumi asks.
She sticks out her leg and points to the wrapped ankle.
"He's just letting you do this?" Iwaizumi says.
I feel a growl coming up in my throat again but keep it in and (L/N) looks at them,
"Is there some reason he shouldn't?"
"Well, he just doesn't really-" Oikawa starts off but the other man cuts him off.
"Nevermind, we just came here because Kyoutani was taking longer than usual," he says.
"Usual? How often does he come here?" She asks.
"Not too often, but when he does it's pretty quick," Iwaizumi says.
She hums and takes the ice pack off, "That should be enough," she stands up, still on one foot, and puts her chair back where it was before. I
I stand up and go to the door, then look back at her, "Thanks," I say awkwardly and start turn to leave.
"I'm gonna stay with (F/N) and talk to her a bit," Oikawa says.
(L/N) gives her cousin a weird look but shrugs, "It's not like I'm in a rush to get back to practice,"

So me and Iwaizumi walk down the hall in silence before,
"Why did you let her do that?" he asks.
I shrug.
"You hate it when people touch you, what's different with her?"
I still don't reply. I don't know. So all I can do is shrug.
"Tell me,"
We both stop walking and the words come out of my mouth before I can stop them,
"It just feels... right. It feels like she really cares and for some reason that makes me care,"
He stays silent for a few moments then says, "I think Kyoutani has a crush,"
He keeps walking without another word leaving me standing in the hallway more confused then I was before.
A crush?
That can't be right. I've known her for what, a couple days? Plus, that doesn't... that doesn't happen with me.
But does it...?

(Your POV)

"What do you want Tooru?" I ask as I try out my crutches.
"I hope you know Mad Dog doesn't let just anyone do that," he says, taking a seat.
I look at him, "What are you implying?"
"And you, don't care about many people to the extent where you would ice their noses," he raises an eyebrow.
"Not true, I'm just a friendly person," I protest.
"Last time you hung out at my house you pushed me down the stairs and laughed,"
"Friendly to people I like," I say.
"So you like Mad Dog?" He asks.
"In what way are you talking about?" I lean on my crutches.
"I'm Tooru. What way do you think I'm talking about?"
"Well the answer is no," I say stubbornly.
"Are you sure? If you did , you definetely have a chance with him," he says smirking at me.
"What makes you say that?" I question, intruiged.
"I already told you, Mad Dog hates when people touch him. Did you see how calm he was with you?"
"Whatever, you're just an idiot," I say, turning towards the door, "I've got to go tell my coach that I won't be playing for the next week. Bye," I walk out of there, slower than usual because you know, crutches. As I make my way there I think.
Was Tooru right?
Probably not.
But maybe...