Advice

(Kyoutani POV)

I get home and my mom asks what took me so long to give (L/N) some food. I told her that I stayed for a movie and then rushed up to my room before she could question me further. Sitting in my bed I think, what the hell am I going to do about this?

-o0o-

"Hey Kyo- Kentarou!" I turn around to see (L/- (F/N) swinging towards me on her crutches. She's gotten pretty good with them.
I stop walking and wait for her, then nod and continue towards the gym, but at a slower pace.
"Since I can't play football for a bit can I come see your practice?"
I grunt a yes and she smiles then continues walking as she focuses on her crutches. She does large sweeps and looks more like she's jumping with them.
"Hey (F/N)!" Calls out Oikawa as we enter the gym.
"Hi Tooru," she says and then goes to ask the coach of she can stay. He says something and she turns to me, giving me a big thumbs up.
I nod and watch as she sits down and sticks her leg out, setting her crutches aside. She smiles at me and points to the ball cart, as if saying I should start practicing. I grunt and grab a ball, then turn around to see Iwaizumi with raised eyebrows. I scowl and turn away going to practice recieves with the everyone else.

-o0o-

As we sit at our normal lunch table eating our food and ignoring whatever whispers came from other tables, (F/N) asks,
"Can I call you Ken? Since I used to call you Kyo I think Ken would be a cool nickname too,"
"Sure," I grunt and go back to eating my food.
"Hey (L/N)! You should come sit with us!" Some other boys come up to us.
"I'm fine, thank you," she says without even glancing their way.
"Oh come on, who would rather sit with. Us? Or this guy that's probably going to beat you up at some point?" One of the boys asks.
"Well considering I haven't moved a muscle I'm sure the answer is clear," she says and turns towards them a bit, "Or are you too stupid to see that?"
"Really? C'mon I know you want to," Another boy raises his eyebrows and I feel my fist clench.
Instead of answering she takes her crutch that was leaning against the table and whacks him it harshly. Right in the nuts.
He groans in pain and stumbles back a bit, the other boys look at her like she's crazy.
"Nevermind, you guys are both freaks," he says and the group of boys walk away.
She turns back to me and continues eating, "Assholes," she mutters under her breath.
"You didn't have to do that," I say quietly and she looks up.
"Why wouldn't I have?" She asks, seeming confused.
"You don't have to be all nice to me just cause you feel bad," I mutter.

She freezes and looks me straight in the eye. Without any warning she slaps me right across the face.
"What the..?" I say as I rub my stinging face.
She stares at me, "You really are an idiot,"
"What did you just say?" I mutter and I start to stand up but her stare seems to keep me frozen.
"I hate fake friends. I hate rumors and whispers. I hate talking behind people's backs. I hate people who befriend someone only to leave them when they don't need them anymore. I hate people who act nice out of sympathy. If that's the type of person who you think I am then you don't have the right impression of me do you now? If I didn't like you I would say it to your face. If I didn't want to be friends with you I wouldn't," she doesn't break eye contact while saying this and when she's done I look down.
"I'm sorry," I whisper, "I should've known,"
She sighs and relaxes again, "I shouldn't have snapped like that," then she looks up at me, "But I can't have you thinking that I don't care about you,"
She grabs my hand and looks me in the eye,
"Because I do care. So, so much,"
I'm not good with words. I never have been. But at this moment I have so much I want to say to her. So much that I want to say but I can't seem to form the words for anything. So instead I squeeze her hand gently and she smiles at me.
She let's go of my hand and starts eating again. Looking at my hand I think, I want to be holding her's again.

-o0o-

It's been a week since the small 'fight' with (F/N) and things are normal again. (F/N) is off her crutches but is still a bit wobbly sometimes. As for me, I'm doing somethng I never thought I would do.

"Hey Kyoutani, did you need something?" Iwaizumi asks. I got him to stay after practice with me.
"Umm, yeah. I wanted to... uhh ask for some advice," I grunt, looking away.
He raises his eyebrows, "What kind of advice?"
"Uhh, like, if you were to ask someone out, how would you do it?" I say.
He gives me a small smile, "Well I would get her flowers. I heard that (L/N) likes lilacs,"
"I never said it was her," I mumble.
"We all know it," he laughs a bit.
"Right so flowers and...?" I say.
"Hmm, I'd dress up just a bit. Nothing too fancy but not work out clothes either. And maybe ask her when she's alone too,"
I nod a bit trying to process the information.
"Well, good luck," he pats my back as he walks out.
How the hell am I supposed to do this?

(Your POV)

"Tooru NO! Stop bothering me about it," I groan and try to push him off the couch but he doesn't budge.
"(F/N)! Just tell me a bit! I'm not going to tell him!" He whines.
"You just have no gossip lately so your bored. Go make out with Iwaizumi or something instead of bothering me,"
"We aren't dating!" He protests.
"Rigghhhtt. And I'm a baboon," I mutter, rolling my eyes.
"There is some truth to that," he giggles and I kick him.
"Ow! Why won't you tell me anything about Mad Dog?!" He complains.
"Because it's none of your buisness," I snap.
"So you're not denying that you like him?" He raises his eyebrows.
"Shut up," I mutter, feeling heat rise to face.
"Oh my gosh! You're blushing!" He squeals.
"Ok that's it, out. Get out!" I drag him from the back of shirt and throw him outside, then lock the door.

I go back to the couch and sigh. I really am a mess. I wonder when I'm going to tell him.
If I tell him at all.