7: Gone

REWRITTEN PART

Lilly's p.o.v

I yawned as I finished last bite of my bacon. My eyes felt droopy but I forced myself not to sleep on this table. We were out in nearest restaurant to have breakfast. "Are you alright honey?" I jumped at mom's concerned voice. I gave her a forced smile and nodded at her. She looked at me weirdly before concentrating on her breakfast. I sighed a sigh of relief.

I was a morning person. I never felt droopy and so lazy in mornings. So mom's concern was valid. I stifled another yawn. I kept turning and tossing entire night. The familiar beautiful face haunted me entire night. I shook my head and took a big gulp of milk.

"So, tell me about the person who is going to help us. Where did you meet him and who is he?" I almost choked. How am I going to tell her that he is a vampire. She despises them. I thought gnawing my bottom lip. I looked at her and smiled. "He is very nice." I imagined his death glares.

"I met him....uh..." My awkward words were cut off when my phone rang. I sighed a sigh of relief before picking up my phone to check who was my hero and giving mom a nervous smile. I looked at the number. It was unknown number. I frowned and cleared my throat before picking it up.

"Hello?"

"Lilly!" My heart jumped at familiar delicious deep voice. The tingles erupted in my lower belly and I bit my bottom lip hard. I wrapped my fingers around the table cloth tightly and tried to calm myself. "Y-yes?" I breathed out.

"I am coming in ten minutes." With that the line was cut off. I nodded dreamily but then I realized what he said. My eyes widened. Oh boy! He was coming here to see me. I bite my lip to stop my giddy smile. Butterflies danced in my belly. Someone cleared their throat. I looked up and my smile was instantly gone. Mom was looking at me with a arched brow. I gulped and gave her a sheepish smile.

"Who was that?" Mom asked. Because no one usually called me except Tina. "I-it was the man I t-told you about. He is coming here." She frowned. "How does he know where are we?" I frowned. Exactly how did he know where were we? And how did he got my number? I opened my mouth to say something but then the door of the small restraunt opened and there was he in all his tall and brooding self. His presence dwarfed the small space even more. My heart skipped a beat and strange tingles erupted in my belly. Then his hard brown eyes met mine. I lowered my eyes to save myself from their intensity.

He took intimidating steps towards us. I felt in eyes on me all the time. "Hello! Mrs. Anderson." He stood hovering over us. I looked at mom to see her intimidated by him. Her mouth was open as if she wanted to say something but no words came out of her mouth. He sat on a chair not bothering to ask, noticing our dazed states. He then looked at me intently. My cheeks warmed quickly as I gave him a shy smile.

"H-hi!" I whispered shyly and blushed in embarrassment when he didn't greet me back just kept staring at me. He then finally looked away and turned towards my mom. "My name is devin Black. I am the CEO of the Black enterprises. I agreed to help you both in finding your husband." He stated in a emotionless voice. While my eyes widened. He was the CEO. I looked at mom. She was in shock as well. She cleared her throat and looked at him with hesitant expression.

We were interrupted by a waiter. "What would you like sir?" He asked politely. "Nothing." He said with a stoic face not even looking at him. I frowned at his rudeness. Mom cleared her throat.