Spider in The Roses

A/N

If you are one of those people who like to listen to music while they read, this is the song I was listening to while I wrote this chapter. Just in case y'all want to get the vibe of it, lol. 

The title of the song is: I Put a Spell On You by Annie Lennox.

Enjoy! :D

***

Jade's POV

Jade's POV

As the redhead sauntered her way over to me, I took a moment to observe the expressions of the people around me. They obviously already knew, or at least expected, what was about to happen.

What they didn't know, is I hardly ever aimed for the expected.

Curiosity burned inside me. I wondered what they had decided but, either way, I was certain I was about to make an impression.

When Ginger finally got to me, she loitered on my side and leaned towards my ear. She whispered something that unconsciously made turn around to face an anxious Jesse, whose soothing mechanism was repeatedly pinching his neck.

Suddenly, an idea crossed my mind that prompted a devious smirk to form on my lips.

Looks like he hasn't completely ruined my fun, after all.

Silence reigned over the room and it was time for me to do what I did best. I had my game face on, which carried no real signs of emotion. I tilted my head and watched Jesse closely as he fiddled with his shirt.

Striding confidently towards the kitchen counter, I poured myself a drink, knowing fully that my stalling would just make the anticipation that much more painful for him. Taking a sip of my drink, I locked eyes with him and slowly licked my crimson red lips.

You see, when The Black Widow is on a hunt, she doesn't waste her energy going after her victim. Instead she waits patiently in her webs, displaying the unmistakable red markings that alert her potential objectives and predators that she is, indeed, extremely dangerous.

I was giving off such clear warnings for Jesse to escape and yet, he fell prey to the dangerous spark in my eyes and was now inevitably subjected to a trance-like state.

Guys have a tendency to underestimate me. That's why taking advantage of their stupidity becomes that much easier for me. It's not until my target is already dangling defenseless in my webs that I begin to make calculated moves and manipulate it, preparing it for the kill.

And the only thing they can do is watch, completely enthralled and filled with impotence.

I reached my arm out in Curly boy's direction and handed him my drink, without ever taking my eyes off my real victim. After a brief but painful pause, I prowled towards Jesse in a spellbinding manner, making a statement with each and every step I took.