Emotions Have Their Downsides

***

***

Brody practically skipped away and exited the gallery, whistling a gleeful tune.

Jesse finally decided to speak up. "We got ourselves a plan!"

This time I stayed quiet and observed Millie's features and how different emotions danced around in her eyes. It kind of looked as if though they were having a sword fight to see who would come up on top.

After a brief pause, she finally opted to go for her signature, sweet smile, but I saw right through it.

"Can't wait!" She said.

Oh Millie...

You're gonna' regret ever saying that.

***

Football games like these can only go one of two ways.

Let's just say this one was going to be hard to forget, for more than one of us.

"I'm serious! I had no idea what he was talking about!"

I rolled my eyes at Millie's annoying squeak and all the energy that came with it.

But apparently Jesse didn't seem to mind it. In fact, he looked like he was enjoying himself. She's making it harder than I thought it would be. I didn't think he'd be into so much sweetness and stuff. Ugh, just saying it makes me cringe.

The arena was close to campus, so we'd gathered around at Brown and decided to walk there all together.

"So, Jade- " Tyler tried making some conversation. I guess his concert fling was no longer a thing? "- what do you study?" He asked me.

Same old boring question, the classic- so what do you do?

"Business Studies."

"Cool." He cleared his throat. "How are you liking it?"

"It's okay, I guess."

Liz let out a quiet snort at Tyler's struggle to maintain the conversation afloat, it looked like she was having fun.

That makes one of us, I'm just here wishing this was over already.

And I am so regretting this choice of hoodie too, I had gone too far in the winter department, it had way too much fur on the inside and now I was debating whether or not to take it off or endure the heat.

The thing is, it was one of those days where you can sense the cold wanting to come in and Winter try to take over but it's not quite there yet. So I was pretty sure if I took it off, I'd just feel cold again.

Hard life decisions.

I noticed Tyler had given up on our little word exchange and was now trying to talk to Liz in order not to bore himself to death. He was lucky Liz was more of a people person than I was.