Snitches End Up in Ditches

***

***

"Why the sudden interest in this party?" Liz questioned.

"No reason," I casually replied, looking out the window of her car.

She pulled over into the parking lot, although it wasn't really so much a parking lot as it was a sand field filled with trucks and old cars.

"Did I tell you you're acting weird?"

I rolled my eyes. "Only a couple hundred times."

"Good." She unfastened her seatbelt and shifted in her seat to face me. "That's because you are."

I drifted my gaze from the panorama onto my best friend. "I'm just getting familiar with the scenery."

Liz's lip twitched upwards. "Yeah, well you have a strange way of showing it." Her stare hovered over me for a few more seconds before she opened the door and hopped out of the car.

I shrugged and got out too.

Liz and I walked towards the party scene, contemplating everything going on around the lake. I ignored the hungry stares from several guys that trailed my body from head to toe.

Parties like these are just an excuse to see people in swimsuits and there was nothing anyone would say that would change my mind.

Mine was hidden behind an off white, linen shirt of which I had popped a few buttons, and a pair of denim shorts that showed off my long, toned legs. I liked to keep a few things mysterious. I mean, last time I checked, dessert wasn't brought out before the appetizers.

Before we'd left home I'd tied my hair up in a bun and applied a little mascara but nothing too crazy. Heavy make-up wasn't really the vibe to go for in these types of parties. Or at least that's what I thought.

Liz and I left our bags on the ground by a wide tree, we decided it would be smart to pack some towels and other stuff in case we wanted to go for a swim or something.

A few more looks later, Liz spotted the guy she'd been flirting with in that frat party from the other night. "Go," I simply said when I noticed her taking a few intermitent peeks at him.

She looked at me hesitantly. "Are you sure?"

"I'll be fine."

As she was leaving she turned around once more and tilted her head. "Yo- "

"Go," I repteated, slightly unamused.

Liz shot me one last grin. "I won't be long," she assured me.

After she was off I scanned the place in the lookout for something to do other than just standing there. Maybe if I was lucky I'd find a certain someone.

Something out there must've been hearing my thoughts, because it wasn't long until I saw the light brown-haired boy, talking to a brunette girl who had her back to me.