SURPRISE!!! - Part 2

***

***

A familiar perfume filled my nose as the girl behind me firmly stood her ground.

I guess this means Millie must've had that chat she promised to have with Brody.

I repressed a sneer before turning to face her. "Where's the fun in that?"

Millie narrowed her eyes at me and intensified her gaze, almost as if she were hoping that that would make me smaller. "He's not an idiot, he won't fall for any of your games."

"Then why do you look so worried?"

Almost immediately after my question, she let out a loud, disbelieving scoff. "You don't know the first thing about respect," she scolded. "Couldn't you go for literally anyone else?"

No - as a matter of fact, I couldn't.

She must've gotten used to my generic vacuous expression by now, I thought. You know, for an alleged player, she sure lets stuff get to her pretty easily - she can't have been in the game for long. Who in their right mind would get herself into something like this?

"That was a question." Millie's tone was sharp and resentful.

Sometimes I get so in my thoughts, I forget people are trying to have a conversation. Especially if it sparks no interest in me whatsoever.

I blinked a couple of times to snap out of my daze. "I'm sorry, your mouth is saying respect but your dress says 5am stripper on a week day."

Millie's jaw practically brushed the ground at my statement.

I allowed myself to utter a small chuckle at her expression. "Look, you should stop trying to stop me from talking to whoever I want to talk to." My voice dropped into a whisper as I spoke the following words. "You're starting to give off possessive vibes."

Rage was visibly escalating inside of her. "I'll tell him about who you are, he'll listen to me." Millie looked around in exasperation. "Where the hell is he, anyway?"

I just stood there, witnessing her adorable anger outburst.

She's desperate.

"By all means, tell away." I was about to turn around but stopped in my tracks to add some salt to the wound. "Oh, and give him a little peck on my behalf," I told her. "That is, if you're feeling in the holiday spirit - I know I am."

"Go. To. Hell."