one. the fourth floor

CHAPTER ONE  CHAPTER ONECHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER ONE

"RYDER." The director of the intelligence analysis branch called out to the dozed off girl as he made his way out of his office, and into the bullpen.

"Sir." Cecilia's head lifted off her small, unorganized desk. Her half shut eyes were enough to show that she had a rough morning.

"Your transfer application to the BAU has been approved. Grab your stuff and go upstairs, you start today." The stoic man cracked a slight smile at the clearly shocked girl.

A month earlier, Cecilia had sent an application to the BAU out on a limb when her teammate had told her she belonged there instead of the third floor. After laughing it off, she decided to look into it, and from there on out her hunger to be apart of the BAU grew. Besides having all the credentials she needed to apply, the research she had done on the job itself pushed her to make the decision to transfer to the fourth floor. So, she talked to her director, he put in a good word for her, and her request was fulfilled.

"Thank you, sir. Has SSA Hotchner been notified?" The nerves set into her bones as she spoke, she didn't do well around new people. But, if she had to break her shy tendencies to seem professional and intelligent, she was willing to do so.

"He's aware Cecilia, in fact why don't you stop by his office first?" He remarked to the girl and put his hand on her shoulder, just above her brown corduroy jacket. "You're a great Agent and an even greater person. We will miss you down here. Now go give the criminals hell."

"Always." She muttered her goodbyes with a sweet smile. She chose to separate her personal life from her work, so the box she had began packing with her stuff wasn't going to be filled to the top. Only occupied with a few books and knick-knacks she kept with her. No photos of her family.

Once on the way to the elevator she pulled out her phone, balancing the cardboard box on her knee. She made a three-way call with her god siblings once her phone was in her grasp.

"I got the job."

Sara and Ace were of course elated to hear those four words slip through Cecilia's lips. The two had already began making plans to meet up at the florist after hours to have a Thai binge-out when Cecilia ended the short call with a quick 'Got to go. Love you both.'

The atmosphere of the fourth floor wasn't like anything else Cecilia had felt before. In fact, it was more solemn than anywhere else she had stepped foot in Quantico. She made her way to Aaron Hotchner's office, not noticing the three pairs of eyes that lingered on her figure.