seven. although the sun is shining

CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVEN

"HEY HOW'S YOUR HEAD?" Cecilia's eyes snapped to the direction of the voice, finding the suspected owner to be none other than Spencer Reid. As if on queue her head began throbbing in pain as soon as it was mentioned.

The night before, Cecilia had been chasing an unsub and unknowing to her, someone was right behind her. The team hadn't found anything on a possible partner, so it was a huge shock when Cecilia was forcibly hit on the back of the head, dazing her for a few seconds before she eventually blacked out and hit the ground.

She was found by JJ, who was sent to search for her by a paranoid Spencer. Thankfully, the small cut on the back of Cecilia's head only called for a few stitches, minus the fact she now had a post-traumatic migraine. Which would last about a week.

"Right as rain." Cecilia sarcastically let out, slightly wincing as a glare from the sun met her eyes. Spencer frowned at her slightly.

"You don't have to be here you know." He muttered, sitting down on the desk in front of the girl. He placed a warm cup of coffee in front of her, one he had made in attempts to lift her spirit.

"Yes I do." Cecilia sighed, taking a sip of the caffeine. "We still haven't caught this guys partner! For all we know he could be out hitting important people on the back of the head with a metal bowl."

"You're important." Spencer crossed his arms as he let his eyebrows furrow. Cecilia blushed before rolling her eyes.

"I want to help." She muttered softly, looking up at him.

"Whatever you say, Lia." He shook his head. "But I'll make sure Hotch gives you the easy work." He left the room slowly, Derek entering behind him.

"Hey, short-stack!" The agent, in all his tall masculinity, smiled brightly at Cecilia. "How ya feeling?"

"I don't know how many times I can say this, but I'm fine." Cecilia muttered at him grabbing the file she had just noticed out of his hand.

"We're all just worried about you." He gazed at her in seriousness. She frowned slightly before nodding her head.

"So much so, that Hotch has assigned me and our lovely tech analyst to be your assistant." He blurted out in a rushed manner.

"Are you kidding me, Morgan?" Cecilia deadpanned, wishing she could just stomp up to Hotch's desk and make him a list of reasons she's completely able to do her work.