three. patterns

CHAPTER THREE CHAPTER THREE CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER THREE

CECILIA'S NAIL BEDS WERE being torn as she picked at her scrawny fingers relentlessly. Something was so out of place about this case, and the fact that she didn't know what was crawling under her skin. She leaned on a round table as her eyes scanned a cork board, covered in evidence that was held up by tacks. Her eyes once again found the oddly specific wound patterns on each victims stomach. She felt someone next to her as she looked away from the gut-turning crime scenes.

"Have you figured anything out?" Dr Spencer Reid quirked an eyebrow at the girl as he studied her stance.

"Not quite, something is nagging me though. I think i've almost figured something out." Cecilia smiles tightly at the tall boy, there was something about the way he carried himself that almost made her feel flustered.

"If it helps, the letter that was sent in, from what I could tell is in the handwriting of Ryan. That could help us reach our next step." He moved right beside her to study the case board.

"Do you think that Ryan sent it to the unsub while in prison?" She tilted her head up at him, though he didn't complete the eye contact.

"That's the theory i'm leaning towards, yeah." He nodded his head, while moving his hand to his face to pick at his lip. Cecilia turned her head back to the board.

"The patterns in the wounds are sticking out to me." Cecilia shook her head in confusion as she moved closer to get a better understanding. Their short conversation was cut short by Rossi

"Morgan and Prentiss found Sid Rutledge dead. But get this." The Italian man paused before continuing. "He had taken viagra minutes before he was murdered."

"Holy shit, i was right. It's a woman." Cecilia gaped.

-

"There have been some strange happenings in this case." Hotch had begun giving the profile to the room full of people. "But I urge you not to abandoned reason in the search of the truth. This is not the work of a ghost and it's not the work of a killer come back from the dead. This is the work of somebody who lives right here in Lower Canaan, and this person is a woman."

Cecilia watched the faces of the local deputies gape as if they've never heard of a woman being able to commit such a crime. She knew her gut feeling was right, and to have that be proven gave her the smallest bit of hope that she would do well with this team.

"Her last victim, Sid Rutledge." Morgan carried on the profile. "He was The Angel Maker's mule. He smuggled items out of Hawkesville Prison, including the semen that was planted at the first crime scene."