two. angel maker

CHAPTER TWOCHAPTER TWOCHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER TWO

       AFTER A QUICK explanation from JJ on what 'wheels up' meant, Cecilia hurriedly walked to her LTD squire, and drove the two miles home as fast as she could. Once she had made it into her apartment she tripped over to her bathroom and grabbed what she needed, almost forgetting her toothbrush. After shoving her favorite turtle neck, high waisted slacks, and a fluffy lavender cardigan and corduroy bottoms for the journey home into a duffle— she finally grabbed a couple granola bars out of her tallest cabinet. Hurrying out the door, down the stairs, and to her car. At the red light almost one mile away from Quantico, she sent her siblings a quick message.

'Going to have to rain check on the Thai food binge out/celebration, going to Ohio! Love you both with my whole heart xx.'

     The 'be safes!' she got in return from both of them made her roll her eyes. Once she pulled up to Quantico's private airport she saw the plane the team, including her would be taking, her jaw dropped slightly. She grabbed her go bag and her copy of 'Psycho' by Robert Bloch (Which was her all time favorite read), out of the backseat and placed them both in the passengers seat. She drank herbal tea out of her favorite mug as the sweet sounds of Simon & Garfunkel rang through her hears. She bounced her head to the bass of the music while checking the clock. 8:24.

She had six minutes till 'wheels up'.

     She let her mind wander to her past, which she tended to do a lot in her free time. Images of her parents flashed across her eyes, the bad ones and the good ones. Ones she could pick out and ones she couldn't put her finger on. As the song switched to 'Cecilia' a certain memory, and one of her favorites came to mind.

"Cecilia!" She recognized her father as he sang to her. "You're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily!"

She stood in between her father and mother on the tile floors of their kitchen. Her line of sight switching between them ever so often. The bright and innocent smile on her face hadn't faded for the eight years it had been with Cecilia. She was so happy with her life, as happy as an eight year old should be, and so unaware.

"Oh, Cecilia!" The three of them sung happily together. "I'm down on my knees. I'm begging you please to come home!"

Once the memories of them started, they wouldn't stop. The vivid images in Cecilia's head switched from happy to sad, until it landed on a rather gruesome one like a view-master toy. The bright and burning color of red settled into Cecilia's view as she zoned out harder. The image of both of her parents slashed in front of her when she couldn't even shed a tear at the lack of understanding she had on the situation before her. The dull rhythm of three soft knocks sounded at her left ear and she was shocked out of her trance.