[Midoriya Izuku X Reader] Part 1/3

You were four years old and you were walking home with your parents from the local clinic. You were at the clinic to find out if you'd develop a quirk because you were still quirkless. Your father's quirk was Animal Summoning. He could summon any animals, communicate with them, and control them. Your mother's quirk was Inanimate Transformation. She could transform into any inanimate object and function as that object. When you were at the clinic, you found out that you had one joint in your pinky toe. This meant that you had a strong possibility of developing a quirk. You're next door neighbor and best friend Midoriya Izuku also had an appointment with the doctor at the same clinic. He was still there, or so you thought until Midoriya came running up to you from behind as you walked along the sidewalk by your house. He looked like he was about to cry and it worried you.

"Hey Izuku. I thought you were at the clinic with your mom. Are you okay?" You asked Midoriya as he started sniffling.

"I ran ahead of her to catch up to you. But (y/n), there's something important I need to tell you." Midoriya said, his eyes welling up with tears. You walked up to him, putting your hand on his shoulder, fearing the worst.

"I... I... I'm not going to develop a quirk. Th-the doctor said so." Midoriya said as he started to cry, tears rolled down from his eyes like a river. Honestly it relieved you a little that it was just a quirkless diagnosis instead of some horrible disease that would kill him. But it still hurt knowing that your dream of fighting alongside the pro heroes with him might not come true. You pulled Midoriya into a hug to comfort him.

"Izuku... It'll be okay. You'll find a way to fight along side the pro heroes. I know you will." You said, running your fingers through his soft fluffy green hair. You still believed he would find a way to become a pro hero despite the circumstances.

"Bu-but I'm qu-quirkless. I'll n-never develop a quirk." He sniffled into your shoulder. You rested your chin on his shoulder and continued stroking his hair.

"Then you'll be the first quirkless person to become a pro hero. Quirk or no quirk, you'll become a pro hero someday." You said as Midoriya seemed to calm down after hearing those words. His sniffling slowed down until he was breathing normally again.

"Hey if it makes you feel any better, I'm still quirkless too." You said, trying to lighten Midoriya's spirits.

~Time Skip: 10 Years~

You were now fourteen years old and were still quirkless. By now everyone you age had already developed their quirks about a decade ago. You were attending Aldera Junior High along with Midoriya. You were in homeroom after class ended and Bakugo Katsuki was bullying Midoriya for wanting to go to U.A. High School. You couldn't stand it when people bullied your childhood best friend/crush. But there wasn't really anything you could do because you were quirkless.

"What's this? Hmm Hero Analysis for the Future? Ha! This won't help you get into U.A. High." Bakugo scoffed as he snatched and looked through Midoriya's notebook.

"Give it back Kacchan! Please!" Midoriya said as he tried to get his notebook back.

"Shut up you damn nerd! There's no way you'll get into U.A. High without a quirk so just give it up." Bakugo yelled at Midoriya who was desperately trying to get his notebook back from him. But Bakugo just held it out of his reach before using his explosion quirk to burn it then tossed it out the window. You couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop it Katsu! Just STOP IT!" You snapped, causing Bakugo to turn around towards you. He gave you a sinister smirk and walked towards you.

"Oh look, the other quirkless loser is trying to stand up for Deku. I'm gonna burn you like I did Deku's notebook." Bakugo said as he made miniature explosions above his open hand.