It's Game Day Baby

Tuesday. My second day at school, but I wasn't dreading it as much as yesterday. I knew I had Thomas to help the days go faster, and also enjoy his company. 

I started getting ready for my day by curling my hair and putting mascara on along with a bit of my favorite lip gloss. I put on jeans with rips at the knees with a plaid, tight fitting, top with solid white slip on vans. I ate breakfast, eggs and toast, with my mom. While I was eating I got a text from Thomas.

"Be there in ten."

"Really?"

"I'm your chauffeur remember?"

I quickly finished breakfast and went back upstairs to brush my teeth again. Was I nervous? Why would I be nervous? Forget it. I took one last look in the mirror and headed downstairs. I told my mom bye and walked out the door. There, in my driveway, was Thomas' jeep. I smiled and walked over and got in the jeep. 

"Good Morning!"

"Good morning Amara" he said with a soft smile.

We listened to music on the ride to school, it wasn't a far drive, only about five minutes. When we got to the school we sat in the car for bit just listening to the music. We got out and started walking to the building.

"What's your first class?" He asked.

"English unfortunately."

"You don't like your native language?" He laughed and I chuckled a bit.

"No, it's not that. On the syllabus, it says we have one speech a month and I hate speeches. I hate public speaking."

"Really? You're scared of something ? I can't believe it."

"Not scared. I just don't like it, okay?"

"Okay okay sorry."

We said goodbye at our lockers and went our separate ways. I went to English and Thomas was an aide for the lacrosse coach which basically meant he did whatever he wanted with the occasional load of laundry he had to do. In English we read "Astrophil and Stella, Sonnet 45" and I got so annoyed with Stella's enchantment to her story, rather than seeing Astrophil. I couldn't help but imagine him with dark brown hair and brown eyes, much like Thomas honestly. But imagined Stella as an annoying popular girl who pays no mind to others. I wonder if Thomas likes anyone. He doesn't have a girlfriend. I don't remember how that came up in our conversation yesterday but it did. I can't imagine him not ever having a girlfriend. He's such a good and sweet guy. He could honestly get so many girls, but he's also probably been busy with a three year track of high school, he said this year is the first time he's ever had an off period, yet alone half a day. The bell rang. I'd trailed off, thinking about Thomas. This is normal though right? He's a new friend, that's all. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I met Thomas at our lockers. He got our textbook and we headed to class. I kept thinking about how I trailed off in English. I brushed it off and continued talking to Thomas. Class started and we took notes and did practice problems. The class went by and we walked to Anatomy. Our teacher wasn't there, she managed to get jury duty the second day of school, so we didn't have any labs or work. Thomas and I decided we would play tic-tac-toe on a sheet of paper. He kept winning and I was getting so frustrated. I started thinking about how people use x's and o's to represent hugs and kisses and how we use x's and o's in tic-tac-toe. Hugs and kisses. I looked at him, at his lips. Hugs and kisses. Why am I thinking about this? I barely know him! Before we knew it the bell rang. He started to walk towards the fields and locker rooms and I followed him. 

"Um, Amara? Don't you have class?"

"Not for two weeks. I figured i'll just sit in the stands and watch practice again."