Good Morning

When I woke up the next morning, I was facing Thomas. Our hands were touching, and he looked kinda funny while he was sleeping. His mouth was kinda open, but he looked cute. I mean confused. Not cute. I grabbed my phone and took a picture and laughed a little to myself. I got up and, WOW, I was in pain. My back was all sorts of messed up from not turning last night. Normally I toss and turn all night, which can be annoying to my sleep patterns, but it benefits my back. I have scoliosis and had surgery in middle school to correct it, although I still have a lot of pain.

I decided I would make eggs and toast as it was still pretty early for a Saturday and was still considered Breakfast time. I played music at a soft level, as the kitchen had an opening overlooking the living room, in hopes to not wake Thomas. while waiting on the toast, I decided to stretch my back. I stretched my shoulders and then bent over to stretch out my lower back. While bent over, I heard

"Good morning to you too!"

I shot up and my face was so red, partially from being bent over and the other half of embarrassment

"Good morning." I said shyly. "How do you like your eggs?"

"Sunny side up," He laughs, "Just kidding, scrambled. Need any help?"

"No I'm fine. Thanks though."

I turned the music up now that Thomas was awake and quietly sang along. I could feel his eyes on me. I put our food onto plates and sat at the table with him. We were eating while the music was still playing, until the music stopped and I got a phone call from my mom.

"Sweetie, we're going to be staying until Monday. Your aunt Michelle needs help packing up her home as well."

"Okay mom. Be safe. Love you."

"Love you too Mara. Call me if you need anything."

I'm happy that my aunt was moving to Sacramento as well, she's moving into a house about a mile from us. I've always been really close to her, after all, my middle name was Michelle after her. 

"So. Thomas..."

"Yeah?.."

"News. My parents aren't coming back till Monday..."

"No problem."

"What?"

"It's just an extra night? And I won't have to pick you up for school Monday. No big deal."

"Cool. So what do you wanna do today? Besides continue our Harry Potter marathon."

"Well. I was thinking with my tour guide brain and I think we should go to the zoo."

"The zoo?"

"Is that a bad idea? Never mind."

"No! It's a great idea! I haven't been to a zoo in years, and I've never been to the Sacramento zoo! I'm so excited!"

Relief flooded his face. I put our dishes in the sink and walked upstairs as he followed. I was picking out clothes to wear and noticed myself in the mirror next to my closet. I looked rough, and suddenly my cheeks felt hot. Was I worried about him seeing me like that? 

We brushed our teeth just like last night and laughed a bit. I needed a shower so Thomas stepped out and laid on my bed. While I was in the shower and slightly rushing, I thought about last night and couldn't help but get butterflies. I think I like this boy. 

I stepped out of the shower and realized I left my change of clothes on my vanity. I cracked the bathroom door open to see Thomas with his eyes closed, I couldn't tell if he was asleep though.