Chap 13

I was still talking to my mom, "Yup. Mmm-hmm. Say no more, mom"

"Janice! Hey! Hey" Carlos said stopping me. I got startled, "Uh..."

"Would you go to Cotillion with me?" Carlos asks but I payed no attention to it, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Sure. We're all taking a stretch carriage over at 6:00"

"No, no, no, Jane said the pen toppers are in the portside cabin" I said to the phone "No, I mean..." Carlos said trying to get my attention "With me"

"Yeah, want me to swing by your room?" I asked with a duh tone "No, no, so when you're on the boat facing the left... Yeah, yeah, right. No, no, not right, left" I sighed at the difficulty

"Uh, this is gonna be tricky. Janice?" He said as he puts my hand down to get my full attention, I accidentally hanged up on my mom without noticing "Would you. Be my date for Cotillion? And, if you don't absolutely hate me by the end of it, um... Would you consider maybe being more than friends!" He asks "Maybe?" He said more like a question.

"Like boyfriend and Girlfriend? We can hold hands instead of slugging each other all the time? And we can text and I can tell you how great you are, because, Carlos, you're really, really great" I ranted "and I'm the luckiest girl in the world. You're so nice and cute" He nods "Me too! I'm the luckiest girl... I mean, guy. Luckiest guy." He chuckle.

"Then, yeah I would love to" I said happily.

I went to kiss him, he was stiff at first but began to melt to the kiss. We kissed more but we separated ourselves by my phone ringing. I look at my phone and saw my mom photo pop out. "Damn. Okay um I think I hung up on her by accident" I laughed as it kept ringing. I kiss his lips again "I'll see you later" I said waving bye to him. I turned around and picked the phone up "

Yeah? Sorry..."
                   ★ •   •   • ★ •   •   • ★

I went through the Red Carpet to get complemented and ask questions. I then went to the boat with Carlos, "Janice! There you are, my dear" I heard my mom behind me "And everything looks beautiful, my love. But we just need to ladle out the punch before the sherbet melts"

"Mom?" I said touching her right shoulder "I have a date"

"A date! Really?" She gasps and looks around then looks at Carlos "Do you have a date, too?" She asks him "Yeah" he answered looking at me. I smiled back at him "Really?" Mom sighs and continues to look around

"Mom?" I said reaching for Carlos hands we then look at each other deeply in the eyes. She looks at both of us then gasps "Bippity Boppity"

"After you" He said nodding his head over where people are dancing. We went over there when Lumiere comes out. We all started to clap when he did.

"The future Lady Mal" He said after the people with the instruments was done.
We rushed over there the same with Lonnie and Jay.

Mal came out and we all gasp because of how beautiful she looks "You did a good job" I said to Evie "Thanks" and we all clapped for her. Evie went over there to get Mal

"How are you?"

"Uh... I sort feel like I'm gonna throw up"

"Yeah. Okay, that's okay. Look. We're right here with you, okay?

"Okay" Mal said the trumpets went again meaning Ben was coming, "King Benjamin!" Lumiere announced we all clapped for Ben as he came out. "Go get him" Evie said to mal

She went forwards. Ben bowed as Mal did the same but confused, "Mal, I wish I had time to explain" Ben said as he looks up at the stairs again.

Uma came out. UMA! we all was surprised and as everyone started murmuring the gang, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Lonnie, and I stayed quiet while still looking at Uma.

Ben went to get Uma and brings her down. He bended down and kisses her hand where his ring stayed in her fingers. I started shaking my head in disappointment and felt like running and attacking them both.

"Sorry. It all happened fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma" Ben explained "A connection" Uma nodded while looking at him as he looked at her.

"What are you saying?" Asks Mal "I'm saying-"

"It was love" Uma giggled "It was. I just... I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

"Mm something is fishy and not because Uma is here" I said to Carlos

"Ben. Ben, Did you go back for her?" Asks Mal

"He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed" Uma explains to Mal "and I'm an excellent swimmer, so..."

"You are"

"Thank you"

Uma went to mal and grab her hand "Listen, Mal" She got tense at Uma touched "I just really want to thank you. I do" Uma chuckles "For everything." She went for a hug but Mal didn't hug back just shocked

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right" Ben said getting into their conversation "You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me"

Mal stammers to say something but it doesn't comes out. Ben and Uma went to dance as a song came.

Evie bring Mal back over to us. We went over Mal and confront her. "Not too thrilled I risked my life for him" Carlos said "We're with you, Mal" Lonnie said

"Let's get out of here" Jay suggested "Okay". We went to leave as Jane rushed over to Lumiere "Mal" Adam called "Honey, we're so sorry. We had no idea" Belle said "I'm gonna talk to him" Adam exclaims

"Lumiere, unveil the gift. They need to see it" I heard Jane say "And now, for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece, designed especially for his lady"

Trumpets being blower again as we turned around to see Ben's gift for Mal. We all clapped at the Masterpiece.

"Ben did that?" Mal gasped "Yeah, he did" Evie answered "Ben's known who I was all along"

"He loves the real you, Mal" Evie said as we all walked some steps down. "A true love" Mal said "Yeah"

"Told you" Carlos said as Mal laughs. Uma got mad and turned around "Cover that back up!" She demand "I will not" Lumiere said "Um..." She nervously chuckles "Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?"

"I have a announcement" Ben said "Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady."

"Son..." Adam said disappointingly "Not now, Dad!" Ben screamed but then groaned "uh, so as my gift, uh to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all" Ben announced. We all had ours mouth opened and looked around

"Fairy Godmother. Bring down the barrier" Ben said to my mom "I most certainly will not" Mother said "I am your King!" He screamed at her "Obey him"

Word count; 1197