Chap 22

Mal POV

Right after I said that everyone turned into stone "No" I sobbed

"Here you are alone and you deserve it" I sang "Your friends have turned to stone and that's on you. You had a cause to serve but did you serve it?" I started walking towards Ben and admired him "Did you see yourself in a way that wasn't true?"

"Why tell all those lies? You feel unworthy" I kept singing as I now walked towards Jay "Like there isn't solid ground for you to stand" then I went towards Carlos and Janice and kneeled down to Carlos level "But a stack of lies is not a firm foundation. You cannot build a castle on a mountain made of sand"

I stand up and went where Evie was "This is not your father's fairy tale and no it's not your mother's fault you fail so when your story comes to light" I sang finally turning to Evie touching her stoned cheeks "Make sure the story that they write goes once upon a time she fought the dragon. Once upon a time that beast was me" I sang walking in the woods "Once upon a misspent youth she faced herself, she spoke the truth. That's how I see my once upon a time, this time"

I ran towards where the school was and called for Uma when I saw her, "Uma. Uma, stop! Please, stop! I need your help" I begged "We have a chance if we do this togethe"

"Your friends kick you to the curb? Good" She said "Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, I saw it, too" I told her "You car. Uma, you care about everybody" I exclaimed "And Auradon is worth saving. Help us, please"

"You talk pretty, but... She's already made up her mind" Harry stated

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it" Uma says "Let's go" They started to leave

"Life is not a story book but life unfolds in chapters. Turn the page and start to make amends. There's no pre-written guarantee of happily ever after step into your greatness" I sang again going up the stairs "Before your story ends, so when your story ends. They'll say Once upon a time, a girl flew higher. Once upon a time, she made things right. Once upon a time that binds, she changed her heart to change their minds"

"That's got to be My once upon a time. This once upon a time will finally see my once upon a time, This time" I finish singing

"Help me, Mal!" I heard Celia scream "Yeah, save your little friend, Mal" I then heard Audrey scream. I turn back a round, my eyes turning green. I turned into my dragon form and went up the sky to where the screaming was. I blew fire ball at Audrey but she protected herself and laughs.

She blew a pink laser at me and dodge it she did again and I dodge it.

"Help me, Mal!"
"Careful not to fry your little VK buddy"

I tried working the ember again with my fire but it's not working "Help me, Mal!"

Audrey blew a other laser at me this time hitting my wing

"We're stronger together" I heard Uma said "We're stronger together! I'm right here, Mal!"

"Regain your might and ignite. I'm right here, girl. I'm right here. Regain you might and ignite"

I started tearing up and took the ember out. It worked! I flew back up to where Audrey is

She started laughing waving the Scepter side to side. She laser my way again but I had the ember so I pointed it to her way. We started fighting with her pink laser and the blasting of the ember

"Go, Mal!"
"Go, Mal!"
"You got this! You got his, girl!"

The ember was stronger than the scepter so I won. I went down to where Celia was and went back to my own human form