Chapter Twenty One

A week after I met Qin Lang, I saw the news on the papers.

On an ordinary and uneventful day, the most popular form of light reading to accompany a meal or a visit to the toilet is undoubtedly the entertainment section in the papers.

Reading up on celebrities news conveniently fills our leisure time and energy, mine included.

The protagonist in this gossip column was a familiar looking female whose sheer amount of tabloid-worthy news were sufficient to provide the livelihood for several paparazzi. It wrote that she was engaged to be married. This woman, reportedly an expert in manipulating men in the grasp of her hand, was actually willing to submit herself into a marriage, even claiming that it was to be a speedy marriage from a love at first sight affair. The report was long-winded and filled with boring twists and turns, I read it slowly predicting that by the time I ate the last piece of curry chicken on my plate, I would have finished the article.

" Her fiancé is the second son of a well known entrepreneur in the Chinese-American community. A handsome striking young man at 24 years of age, he is said to be an ambitious and successful........

The eyes skimmed through those inconsequential words describing his successful endeavors in business and amorous pursuits to land on his name.

Lu Feng.

I read it again. Lu, Feng. Two words, no mistake.

Lacking any sense of realism, I flipped back to the cover page that I apparently neglected, to find a large photo of the alleged future groom and his bride, standing side by side.

That man, he has indeed matured, the lines on his face suggesting a richer experience in life. He still carried an air of cold arrogance, though coupled with a smile.

This person is Lu Feng.

And he is getting married.

The illusion that is secretly stored in my mind disappeared with a slight 'thump' in my head.

From then on, I no longer own the rights to even fantasize or harbour any expectations.

Alcohol is an amazing thing, icy cold in the mouth and down the throat, turning into a fiery lava in the stomach, truly a sweet form of torment. I drank myself into numbness, not aware that the bartender had been instructed by the boss not to pour me any more drinks, and so I sat there sullenly with an empty glass in my hand.

I did not cry, I did not make a single fuss, I could not speak a single word. My heart was filled with bitterness, my mouth tasted bitter, yet I was completely dumbfounded.

Someone carried me up in his arms horizontally, I laboriously tried to identify the face that was currently displaying a mix of restrained anger and out of focus eyes. Momentarily, I knew he was Qin Lang. As the effects of the alcohol overtook me, I kept confusing him for Lu Feng.

Wrapped in his coat, I curled up in the backseat of his car without having any urge to vomit. I have always had a high tolerance for alcohol, my skin burning hot, yet feeling very cold inside. I huddled up in silence, shivering uncontrollably.

" Where do you stay? I'll send you home........... A friend of mine is holding a party at my place so I can't send you there."

I refused to open my mouth and eyes, I heard him sighing.

The car engine stopped for a while before he resumed driving aimlessly along the road.

All of a sudden, the car jammed brake and I promptly rolled down from the backseat to land on the carpeted floor of the car.

He cursed.

I heard the opening and closing of the car door, and a pair of strong arms carried me up.

" Are you hurt?"

I was trembling badly from the cold, and instinctively reached over to wrap myself around his waist and pressed my face onto his warm chest.

Who is this gentle able-bodied man?

Muddled, I began inspecting him with my hands.

Who has given me such a tender and firm hug before?

Lu Feng, Lu Feng.

I grabbed on to him with my life, pressing against his body tightly.

You must not forget me, you must not fall in love with someone else, do not ignore me, do not use the same arms that hugged me to hug someone else.

You must not forget that you promised me we will be together forever.

Have you forgotten that I am still waiting for you.

Lu Feng.

I blindly found a pair of soft and hot lips, and randomly pressed my own against them.

Lu Feng, it has been five long years, I have not kissed you.

Do you still have that rough patch of beard just itching to grow out from your chin? Do you still have the same clumsy way of knocking on my teeth? Are you still pretending to be a tough guy only to become all shy the moment I take any initiative?

Lu Feng, I do not know, would you be willing to kiss a man whom you do not love anymore.

He is responding, this is great. I know I am no expert on kissing, and probably have a bad technique. Not knowing when and how to tease, when it came to the crucial bits, I may disappoint.

But I love you.

He hugged me ever so tightly, the faint smell of tobacco filled my mouth leaving me with a passionate ache. I was so dizzy that I could not even get one button released for a long time, fumbling about under him. He ripped it all off in one move, and stripped off my jeans, and immediately pressed his burning shaft forcefully in.

His body was so warm, to a point of being hot, I clung on to him for the heat. It hurts. The pain slowly spread, like a tear ripping through my body. I gritted my teeth and did not shrink back, bravely wrapping myself invitingly around his waist.

Lu Feng, I was so awkward and resistant during our first time, were you very upset? If I had been more eager and more initiative, if I had been able to tolerate the pain more, if I had performed better, would you have.......... remembered me for longer?

His pounding reached a wild impassioned state, torturing me to a point where I could not make any noise.

I cried and as my climax rises, I wanted to call out Lu Feng's name, but the faint sound I produced was completely blocked by the onslaught of his lips.