Chapter Twenty Five

" You're up? There are freshly brewed coffee, do you want some?"

Not quite fully awake, I peep through my half-opened eyes to gaze at the man looking down at me with a tray in his hand.

" AH ............." I jumped up, and pointed at him accusingly, " You, you, you....... how come it's you! !"

Shen Chao was taken aback by the sudden commotion and retreated a few steps to prevent an accident with the tray of food he was carrying: "I, I ....... it was Qin Lang who asked me to come in and keep an eye on you ...... hey, I did not do anything to you, stop imagining things ........"

" I'm, I'm naked! !" Asshole, he did not think of covering me up with something before letting other men come in ......

"How is that a problem?" Shen Chao was baffled, "I am also a man."

He was hopeless in terms of being further educated on this. I pulled up my pants hurriedly while that guy wore an innocent look on his face and stood there staring at me curiously, what the heck.

"Where's Qin Lang?" I will be sure to teach him a lesson when I see him.

" Oh he, he had an emergency at home and have to take off first, that's why he told me to take care of you ........"

"Oh ............" despite understanding his situation, it still felt rather dismal to wake up without the person you just made love to next to you.

" You are not going to have something to eat first?" Shen Chao had not given up on the tray of food.

"No thanks........." The color of the coffee looked a tad suspicious, and remembered that the boss' latest hobby was to experiment with 'innovative' dishes, "........... I think I better get back."

I took a long shower to wash away the mess on me, looking in the mirror, I saw the ring hanging innocently on my chest.

I felt a deep pang of pain. Not daring to think twice, I quickly lowered my head to take it off, safely placed it in an exquisite looking box, not even trusting myself to take a second look at it.

Goodbye, Lu Feng.

I think, it is time for me to move on and try to love someone else.

While putting on a clean set of clothes and blowing my hair, I finally noticed the blinking lights on the old answering machine. There were a series of messages, all from Yi Chen.

" Brother, where have you gone? Why are you not home yet?"

" No one is picking up on your mobile, is it not with you? Call me back as soon as you receive my messages."

" Brother, are you still not home? I am Yi Chen! Where on earth are you? Return my call, it's getting late and I'm worried."

" Big brother, stop scaring me. Call me back call me back call me back! ! !"

I scrunched my hair a couple times to give it some texture, grabbed two bags of Danone cookies to coax him and promptly headed down the stairs. Yi Chen's place was only a stone's throw away, I might as well go and meet with him directly.

That careless fool left the door ajar, I was about to give it a push, when I heard the agitated voice of a man coming from within.

It was Qin Lang.

An unsettling feeling crept over me. Isn't their relationship.......... cold? Didn't Qin Lang .......... have an urgent matter to deal with at home? Why is he here? !

I held my breath, teetered nearer to the door, and peeped in through the gap.

" I had him in my arms for the whole night, and we did it all night .......... my skills in bed must be good, Xiao Chen said that he is very happy .......... Yi Chen are you pleased with me now, am I a good enough boyfriend to your brother ?"