chap iii.

a/n :
w a r n i n g !! spg scene, read at your own risk. mwa!

Madeline

"Happy Birthday, Babe!"

Joseph greets me with a peck. It's my 20th today and I'm just very happy I'm celebrating it with my family and friends. Of course, Joseph is a part of my family.

"Blow your candle!"

Everybody yells because we can scarcely hear each other since we're at this bar where me and Joseph met.

"Blow it babe, because later, you'll be blowing something nicer,"

My boyfriend whispers, giving me shivers. I'm just glad mom didn't hear it. He smirks then he winks. Damn, he never fails to turn me on. I roll my eyes at him teasingly in response, then I blow the candle. Everybody cheers and the music goes wilder.

I don't want this night to end. I always want to be with my family and friends, just having a good time.

"Come here, I want to show you something,"

Joseph pulls me while we are dancing.

"What is it?"

I ask, voice in obvious state of drunkenness. He pulls me somewhere very peaceful. He grabs something in his pocket, which I assume is his handkerchief. The next thing I know, my eyes are covered with it. Is this what he's talking about a while ago, something nicer that I will get to blow?

"Don't cheat. I'll tell you when you can remove it."

He again, whispers. Can't he just say it without having to send shivers on my body?

He pulls me and tells me to kneel down. What? Why do I have to kneel down?

"Just do what I say, babe."

I follow as I'm instructed. I'm just too drunk to complain and process an argument in my head. Then, he grabs the knot of the handkerchief behind my head.

"Are you ready?"

"Go on,"

I say. I grab the handkerchief covering my eyes, and to my surprise, he's beside me, kneeling down too. In front of me is a rail just above my chest. When I look down, there are city lights.

"Because I know you're afraid of heights, that's why I told you to kneel down. If you look at this view standing, you might not want to even take a glimpse."

He says, and I can feel a tear just slipped down my right eye.

I observe around us, and I can just see the city lights in front of me, starry night above us, a picnic mat below us, and some of my favorite foods next to him.

Maybe those 6 chances were meant to be given, for us to come to this point. My heart feels nothing but gratefulness and happiness. I thank him by kissing him.

"Wait babe, you still need to blow something nicer, right?"

He attaches himself from the kiss, and stands up, unbuckling his belt. I stop him.

"Babe, wait. Are we really going to do it.."

I look around to see nothing.