↳ SEVEN

SEVEN !
007. fooling around

THE BYRNE HOUSEHOLD | 1977

—"SCOTTY, WE'RE HERE!" Margot exclaimed as she slammed the front door shut behind the group who had just entered, swinging a grocery bag full of snacks in her other hand

Scott came striding down the stairs, a leather jacket slung over his shoulder and a beer in his free hand, "Hey guys," he greeted, eyes lingering for a moment on how Kelso's hand rested on his sister's waist, "Everything's all set up in the games room, go on through."

Margot shifted out of Kelso's grip, pacing over to her brother and pulling him into a hug as she kissed his cheek, "Thanks again for this, when's Kat coming over?"

He shrugged, "An hour or so. I'll hang upstairs til then, let me know if you need me before then, Mags." Margot nodded, twirling on her heel to lead her friends through the house to the family games room.

"Wait, Kelso can I talk to you?"

Kelso gulped, turning back and nodding as Margot linked her arm with his and walked back in her brother's direction with him, their friends stepping awkwardly into the dining room out of the way.

"Look I'm not gonna give you some massive big brother talk just... don't you dare hurt my sister, okay," Scott's face was serious, Kelso's face opposite him washed instead with awkwardness, "She can do what she likes, but if you hurt her you're gonna have hell to pay. I can't pretend I trust you so I've got my eye on you, Michael."

Kelso nodded, "Yes sir."

"Good. Now go on," Scott shooed them away, not in the mood to further the conversation any more than he'd felt obligated to. He wanted to protect his little sister more than anything, but didn't want to be annoyingly overprotective, "Don't make a mess."

"Thanks Scotty," Margot leaned forward to kiss his cheek again, "We'll see you in a bit!"

She twirled back around, "To the games room, guys!"