↳ EIGHT

EIGHT !
008. promise me

THE BYRNE HOUSEHOLD | 1977

—ONE BY ONE the gang had left Margot's house, various excuses about curfews and their parents worrying to blame

ONE BY ONE the gang had left Margot's house, various excuses about curfews and their parents worrying to blame. It was only her and Kelso left now, perched still on her couch — making out, of course.

The taste of Kelso's lips on hers didn't feel right anymore, not now that she'd been reminded how it felt to kiss Hyde. Nothing would ever match that, she was certain of it, and she knew now was the time to discuss her current relationship status with the goofy boy she was currently straddled atop.

"Kelso," she chewed on her lip anxiously, "I think we should stop this...Us," she stated, shuffling off his lap a little as his face contorted into a confused expression, "It's been fun but I'd rather us just be friends because I adore you but this isn't right— besides, Jackie's jealous enough to burst...She's all over Hyde for god's sake!"

Kelso licked his lips, "You're...You're sure?"

"More than sure, Mikey. Look, just talk to Jackie. You can spin some lie about breaking up with me if you want, I'll play broken-hearted I just— can't do this anymore."

Kelso nodded, a sympathetic smile spreading on his lips, "It's about Hyde, isn't it?"

Margot coughed, surprised by his question and moreover just unsure how deeply to lie to him when he was obviously completely right. He could be incredibly dumb sometimes, but she appreciated his sincerity.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well for one I've never seen you look more proud than you did when you told Jackie you'd banged Hyde..." he laughed, "It was so badass. But I do see the way you look at eachother. It's like how I look at Jackie — when she's not talking anyway."

Margot's hand reached over her mouth as she laughed, heart swelling at how understanding Kelso was despite his comment about Jackie.

She really did appreciate him. He was such a sweetheart really and she realised that really she had been gaining more from their supposed relationship than just good sex — she'd formed a deeper bond with him and now considered him much more of a confidante than the more distant friends they'd been before she left for Britain.

"You're an angel, Mikey," she pressed a kiss to his cheek, "But you have to promise me you're not going to fuck around and cheat on Jackie again? She may not like me but I understand. Seeing her all over Hyde made my blood boil so I— well I get it. She doesn't deserve it and never did."

Kelso nodded, "I won't. I promise."

Margot grinned, pulling the boy in for a hug, "Thanks for everything, Kelso. You're a good guy, you really are, when you want to be," she giggled as he scoffed back but tightened his grip around her, "Just talk to her — she loves you, dude."

"I will," he nodded, "And I'm always here, Margot. I'm glad you were my girl for a while because we're closer now... And we had a lot of sex... But like, mostly because we're closer friends now."

Margot shook her head with a laugh, kissing his forehead and mumbling a thank you before standing up to remove the record currently spinning on her record player and placing it back in its sleeve, "I'm gonna go to bed if that's alright?"

Kelso beamed towards her with a nod, noticing the door open just a crack and spotting Hyde's curls through the small gap, "I'll be off but— I think someone's here to talk to you, Mags." he stood up, exiting the room and passing an unusually shy looking Hyde who was waiting just outside.

"Hyde?" Margot was surprised by his appearance as he marched into the room, given that he'd only left ten minutes prior, "How long have you been out there I—"

She was cut off by his lips colliding with hers, his hands cupping her cheeks as he pushed her towards the wall until her back pressed against it gently and her hands tousled with his curls.

"Fuck." she mumbled between kisses, startled by whatever the fuck was going on, but more than happy nonetheless.

"I heard everything you said, Margot," Steven pulled back for just a moment to look at her, really look at her, "Because I came back to tell you that I'm not sure how long I can pretend I'm okay with being just friends even though it's only been two days."

Margot couldn't hide the grin his words had invoked, her cheeks reddening and her eyes glistening with excitement.

She kissed him again forcefully, unsure of what their passionate kiss meant but more than happy to continue with it because she'd missed it more than anything.

Hyde's hands found her waist, lifting her with ease and carrying her to the couch she'd been sat on with Kelso only minutes earlier. That was out of her mind entirely however as Hyde's kisses blurred any thoughts of anything but him.

"Seeing Jackie all over me boiled your blood, huh doll?" he smirked, his lips lightly nipping at her jawline and stirring her stomach with butterflies as a result, "Is it because you'd rather be the one all over me, Stevie?"

The crimson blush staining Margot's cheeks only deepened at his words, her teeth gnawing at her bottom lip in an act somewhere between embarrassment at his words and arousal at his actions.

"Hm," she teased, pushing him back briefly before tugging at his Led Zeppelin shirt to bring him back towards her, "Maybe, maybe not."

"Promise me you're not gonna run off on me again?" he asked, a sly grin smirk still adorning his face.

Margot scowled, half-mockingly and half in genuine irritation, "Depends. Promise you're not going to go back on your feelings and decide you don't actually even like me again?"

Hyde fake gasped, pulling her closer so that their chests were flush against each other as her arms curled around the nape of his neck, "Point taken."

He kissed her again, far softer now, smiling into the kiss as her felt her do so too. They stayed like this for a moment, barely moving at all as they savoured each other's company.

"I'm so glad you're back, Stevie," Hyde practically whispered, twirling a loose strand of her hair around his forefinger as his eyes bored intensely into hers once they pulled back from their kiss, "I mean it."

"You do?"

"Of course. Just letting you leave that day was the biggest mistake I've ever made. And it's me... I've made a lot."

———
ok i hope u enjoyed this mushy
melty chapter end lmao i'm too
whipped for steven hyde (as
whipped as he is for margot)

excuse the gif clearly being
edward scissorhands ... there
are so little blonde winona gifs
lmao there you go !!!
— lou