King Tyrell

The tyrannosaur's name was chosen to be King Tyrell by the people of the museum. It liked that name, though it couldn't tell anyone because it couldn't talk. 

On it's first day, it met many people, most of which stared at it and whispered among themselves, so it stared back. However it had no one to talk to, so it just thought about them instead. 

One of it's favorite people was a little one by the name of Thomas. It knew his name because it had heard Thomas's father talking to him. 

Tyrell had put on a show for Thomas. First it had looked at him, getting down to eye level so that the small human could see all of it. Then Tyrell had roared, which the people seemed to like a lot. Thomas was left with a day to remember, that was for sure. 

But for some reason Tyrell did not feel right. It felt like part of it's life was coated in ash too thick to see through, as if a comet had slammed into earth and kicked it all up. 

Tyrell thought that maybe, at one point in it's life, it wasn't Tyrell. 

But that was a silly thought, and even if it was true, it did not matter. Tyrell was Tyrell now, and as long as Tyrell had food to eat and room to move, it was happy. 

On the second day, there was a lot of noise coming from outside of the greenhouse Tyrell lived in. It didn't know how it knew what a greenhouse was, but that was not the point. 

There was happiness outside of the greenhouse. Laughter and cheering. Something in the tyrannosaur made it want to cheer, too. So it roared very, very, loudly. 

It heard laughter. Laughter from Thomas, and laughter from two other humans. 

It was overcome with a terrible headache as it heard the third person laugh, and it cried in agony. In a few moments, the pain was gone and in it's place was a name; Forest. And the other laugh was Forest's friend from a place called school. The laugh was from Karen. 

Now Tyrell knew three names - Thomas, Forest, and Karen. 

It hoped to meet these Forest and Karen people, because if they were friends with Thomas then they must be nice. But before Tyrell could think about it further, it saw a movement in the corner. 

Prey.

Instinct took over, and the chase was on.