Forest

Forest came home with a smile on his face that day. 

He remembered the play, and he remembered how the tyrannosaurus had roared like it was cheering. 

He remembered the friend he made today, by the name of Thomas. 

Quite a bit of weeks passed, and the 'Tyrannosaur Trio' met up at the museum every Wednesday to weave tales of dinosaurs and magic. 

King Tyrell the Tyrannosaurus rex was also a member of the group, and it seemed to listen carefully to their conversations. To be honest, at first Forest thought it was rather creepy, but after a while he learned to enjoy the dinosaur's company, and it reminded him of Abigail. 

Abigail. 

Forest thought about her less and less, though she still echoed through his darkest thoughts. But the Tyrannosaur Trio sure helped. 

That week, Forest decided to tell a different kind of story. 

"Once upon a time," he began, and Thomas's eyes shone, "there was a beautiful young girl. She lived in a world very much like ours, and her name was Abigail the Adventurous." Realization flashed in Karen's eyes, and she looked sympathetic. 

"One day she was going for a walk, when she met a mythical dragon. But the dragon had disguised itself as a dinosaur, and Abigail named him Tyrell. 

"She ran away with the dinosaur, and they went on many great adventures. Some of which involved time travel or evil fairies, but those stories are for another time. 

"One fateful day, they met a man named..." he trailed off, trying to think of another name. 

"John Smith?" Thomas offered. Forest laughed, thinking of blue boxes. 

"They met a man named John Smith. He wore a bow tie and a fez, and had a good friend named Don West, who loved chickens. 

"But before they could even introduce themselves fully, an evil wizard named..." 

"Avotirx," Karen said. 

"Avotirx," Forest echoed. "And he knew all of their deepest secrets. He knew that Tyrell was really a dragon, he knew that John Smith was really a time-traveler, and he knew that Don was really just a marooned guy from space." 

"What about Abigail?" Thomas asked. 

"I'll get to that," Forest replied. "But he did not know Abigail's deepest secret, for she had none. She was completely open about who she was and what she wanted, if if she thought something she always spoke her mind. When Tyrell was captured she bravely vanquished the evil wizard Avotirx and saved the world from his dark spells forever. 

"But it came at a terrible price.

"Abigail was mortally wounded, and she died saving the world she loved. Tyrell, in debt, joined a local museum to comfort her friends and family. The end." 

Thomas was crying.

"That story is so sad!" he said. "Why did Abigail die?" 

"To save the world," Karen soothed him. "Better to die a big death than live a small life." 

Thomas sniffed and rubbed his nose. 

"I guess that doesn't sound so bad." 

Suddenly Tyrell roared and crashed through the greenhouse.