EIGHTEEN

Delanie was fast asleep when Julie returned. She didn't budge when the girl came in, nor did she budge when she left again. For a moment, the blonde considered waking her friend. She was seething, and she could definitely use a venting session. More so, Delanie would probably love to join the jv team in their payback against the varsity boys. But she knew better. This wasn't Delanie's fight, and it was bad enough that they had already roped her into it as much as they had. So she let the girl sleep. They'd chat in the morning.

Julie was probably too excited to be getting payback on the older boys. Of course, Adam was at home, so there were no ants being placed in his bed. However, the rest of the team would certainly get what they deserved. She was particularly looking forward to getting revenge on Chris and Cole. Those two blockheads deserved it more than anyone.

However, there was one precaution she remembered to take. When Charlie and the rest of the team approached the dorm that belonged to Nigel and Jett, Julie dropped into a crouch beside her former captain. "Charlie!" she whispered, causing the boy to pause. He raised his eyebrows and she continued, "leave Jett out of this."

Charlie nodded at once, clearly displaying that he had already taken that into consideration. Luis, who hovered nearby, gave the pair a confused look. "Why? He's just as guilty as the rest of them!" he argued in a hushed tone.

Julie was about to fire back, but Charlie was faster. "We can have this discussion later. We need to hurry up and finish this before they start waking up," he said punctually, ending any further bickering that was looming on the horizon. Julie just sent Luis a heated glare before sidling back up to Charlie. As they finished up, Julie's excitement tripled. Man, was this going to be good.

--

Delanie was already up when Julie rolled out of bed the next morning. The brunette chuckled as she brushed her teeth. She spat out her tooth paste before addressing her roommate, "Good morning, sunshine. Long night?"

"You have no idea," Julie groaned, stretching her back and neck. Delanie finished her daily hygiene as the other girl jostled herself awake. When Delanie plopped down onto her own bed, Julie turned to her. She sighed, "Varsity left us in the dust last night."

A startled look crossed Delanie's pretty face. She tilted her head, "What do you mean? What, they made you guys foot the bill?" It was clear that her frustration was already building, and Julie struggled to decide whether or not she should sugar coat the night's events.

She decided that the truth was the easiest way out. "They completely ditched us the minute they were done eating. Rick promised that they had this big surprise for us. They never came back," she was just barely able to contain her anger as she relayed the night's events. She wasn't sure if she was angry that the varsity had played them, or if she was angry that she had ever believed in them to begin with.

Delanie was already getting to her feet as she responded. "I can't believe them! Man, am I going to give Jett hell," her face was reddening with anger as she made for the door.

Julie scrambled to her feet, stopping her roommate before she could get too far. "Don't Delanie," she advised quickly, placing her arms on the fuming girl's shoulders. A small smile appeared on the blonde's lips as she sighed. "Your brother actually helped us out. He left some money under his plate -- kind of a lot, actually. We would've been working way longer if it weren't for him," Julie explained. Delanie's heart tightened at her words. Part of her had trouble believing that Jett would do something like that.

The other part knew that that's exactly something that he'd do.

"What about Adam?" Delanie asked suddenly, her anger not completely dissipated. She may have liked him, but that didn't mean that she had very many reservations in telling him off. That much everyone knew.