0.1 | LAGOS

ANASTASIYA MAXIMOFF WAS sat alone at a table in Lagos, sipping at a hot cup of coffee, a large white cap over her head in disguise. On a table behind her sat her sister, and on a table to her right sat Natasha, who was wearing big black sunglasses to hide her face. The whole team had been called out on a mission, and so far, nothing had happened. They sat there waiting like ducks for something to go down.

"All right, what do you see?" Captain America's voice called through the radio, and Anastasiya listened to it whilst she stirred her drink.

"Standard beat cops, small station, quiet street. Easy target," Wanda whispered into her radio.

"There's also an ATM down on the South corner which means cameras," Anastasiya pointed out. "Both cross streets are one way, so they have compromised escape routes."

Anastasiya began to flip through the newspapers which had been placed on the table which she was sat at.

"That means our guy doesn't care about being seen, and isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. See that range rover up the block?"

"The cute red one?" Wanda asked.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody, probably us," Natasha muttered.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda mumbled, and Anastasiya had to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

"Eyes on targets, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months and I don't want to lose him."

Sam scoffed. "If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

Car horns and indistinct shouting could be heard in every direction of the city, as the three female superheroes sat patiently, occasionally sipping their drinks, waiting for instructions from Steve who was watching from an apartment above.

"The garbage truck that just drove up the road- it's loaded for max weight and the driver is armed," Sam explained, his voice echoing unevenly through the radio.

"Go, now," Steve ordered. Anastasiya got up and started running towards where gunshots could be heard from, abandoning her post at the coffee shop. Her older sister followed behind her, shooting red balls of energy at the enemies, whilst avoiding bullets.

Anastasiya ran up to the armed men, punching them, and bringing them stumbling towards the ground unconscious. Since the events in Sokovia, Natasha and Steve had been training her to fight properly, instead of using her powers, which over time wore her out.

"Rumlow's on the third floor!" Sam shouted.

"Wanda, Anastasiya, just like we practiced. Get the gas out," Steve demanded, as he made his way through to the building in which their wanted man was hiding in.

Wanda used her energy to lift Steve up onto the third floor, smashing through the glass windows.

Rapid gunfire could be heard, from both sides, as Anastasiya carried on bringing Rumlow's men to the floor. She nodded at her sister, who nodded back, as she threw a strong punch to the man's face.

To her right, Anastasiya saw a tank firing at her fellow teammates, and before she could think about it, she flung herself into the air and using her strength, sent a massive fireball hurtling towards it. It exploded, sending pieces of ash into the sky, as Anastasiya clumsily fell onto the floor.

"Ouch," she groaned, touching her face to discover it was dripping with scarlet blood. She pulled herself off the ground to be greeted by Natasha on a motorbike.

"Come on, they're on the move. Get on," Natasha yells, as Anastasiya quickly hopped onto the back.

Within seconds the pair had reached the centre of the city. "I've got four, they're splitting up," Sam called.

"Me and Ana have the two on the left," Natasha replied, as the two redheads jumped off the motorbike and onto the bonnets of the trucks.

Anastasiya followed Natasha threw the crowded streets of Lagos, their eyes on their opponents. This task was proven difficult, the narrow streets swarming with people and goods. Eventually, they reached a clearing.

One of the men grabbed Anastasiya from behind, around the neck, and a gun to her head. Before he could pull the trigger, the teenager pulled the man over her shoulder, her going under his legs. He got up, gun in hand. Anastasiya's eyes glowed a dangerous orange, and small orange flames began to burn in her hands.

Natasha stood up, holding her gun up to the man's face.

"Drop it. Or I'll drop this," he called dangerously, holding up a tube, but neither of the women relaxed. "I'll drop it!"

Suddenly he was shot in the neck, causing the tube to fall towards the ground. Natasha dropped down and caught it, and Anastasiya sent a blaze of orange fire towards the other man, killing him instantly.

"Payload secure. Thanks Sam," Nat said, as she turned to face Sam's robot bird.

"Don't thank me."

"I'm not thanking that thing."

"His name is Redwing," Sam explained. "He's cute. Go ahead, pet him." Anastasiya smirked.

Natasha and Anastasiya made their way back to Steve and Rumlow, who was lying on the floor.

"Stay low. Let's see what he has to say," Natasha whispered, and Anastasiya nodded at the older woman.

Their enemy removed his mask as Steve shook him forcefully. "I think I look pretty good, all things considered," he said, as he smirked up at the super soldier.

Anastasiya looked at Nat and frowned, who simply shook her head and put a finger to her lips.

"Who's your buyer?" She heard Steve ask.

"You know he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky." Rumlow began, as Steve's expression grew. "He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it until they put his brain back in a blender. He told me to tell you, 'when you gotta go, you gotta go.' And you're coming with me."

He pushed a button, to set himself on fire, but before he could, Wanda had gotten up from behind and started to contain it, but she was struggling.

Ana ran to help her, as she and her sister used all their energy to force the burning man into the air. However, the force became too much, and he ended up backing into the building below, causing it to set alight.

Anastasiya and Wanda gasped, as well as all the civilians around them. Anastasiya began to tear up - it was all her fault. Wanda could have handled it without her.

And now innocent lives had been taken, and people had lost family members and their friends, because of her.