0.6 | ONESIES

ANASTASIYA FOLLOWED TONY and Peter into the room at the end of the hall. The walls were pained a soft blue, and in the corner of the room stood a desk which was full of clutter. Next to it was a single twin bed.

"What have we here? Retro tech, huh?" Tony asks, walking over to it. "Thrift store? Salvation army?"

"The garbage, actually," Peter admitted.

"You're a dumpster diver?" Tony questions, raising his eyebrows.

"Tony..." Anastasiya starts, giving him a look, but before she could carry on, Peter interrupts.

"Yeah. Anyway, I definitely did not apply for your grant."

This caused Anastasiya to roll her eyes. How clueless was this kid?

"No, no, no, we start. Me and Tony have been doing some research. Well, I say me and Tony, it was me. You're welcome, by the way," Anastasiya chimed.

Tony glared at her, and Anastasiya smirked. He rolled his eyes again and began to talk to Peter, who was watching the interaction with a look of amusement on his face, but it disappeared after he took in what she had said.

"Research?" Peter asked, frowning, fidgeting from one foot to the other.

Tony pulled out a phone, and instantly a video came up of someone in a blue and red hoodie swinging around Queens.

"That's you, right?"

"Um, no. What do you mean?" Peter stutters, and Anastasiya couldn't help but smirk again at his embarrassment. She thought it was kind of cute.

"Oh, Peter," Anastasiya sighed. "Don't act stupid. Look at you go! It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's impressive."

The video played, and it showed a clip of Peter catching a car.

"Wow! Nice catch. 3,000 pounds, 40 miles an hour. That's not easy. You've got mad skills."

"That's all on YouTube though, right? You know that's all fake, done on a computer. Like that video, what is it?"

"You mean all that alien shit?" Anastasiya asked, walking over to the window and leaning against it.

"Watch your language," Tony retorts.

"Sorry dad, who are you, Mr Captain 40's?" Anastasiya glared.

Tony rolled his eyes once again, before carrying on the conversation with Peter.

"You mean the UFOs over Phoenix?" Tony asked, as he grabbed a pole and pushed it against the door to the attic. As it opened, a red and blue suit fell out.

Anastasiya gasped, as she quickly got up and walked over to it so she could look at it.

"Did you make this yourself?" she questions, holding it up, as Peter quickly grabbed it out of her hands and pushed it into the rack of clothes opposite.

"So, you are the... spider-ling? Crime-fighting spider. Spider-boy?"

"Spider-man," Peter corrected him, folding his arms across his chest.

"Not in that onesie, you're not," Tony joked.

"It's not a onesie," Peter demands, picking up the wooden stick. "I don't believe this. I was actually having a really good day today, Mr Stark, Miss Maximoff."

Anastasiya leaned against Peter's bed frame.

"Didn't miss my train, this perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there, and algebra test... nailed it," Peter continues.

"Does anyone else know, Peter?" Anastasiya questions, raising her eyebrows as she caught the teenage boy's eye. He shook his head.

"Not even your usually attractive aunt?" Tony asks, and Anastasiya looked disgusted.

"Tony, I swear to god I will not hesitate to hit you if you carry on," Anastasiya groaned, frowning at the billionaire. He smirked at her, sitting down onto Peter's bed and started to look at Peter's suit.

"No, no. If she knew she would freak out. When she freaks out, I freak out."

"Anyways, Peter. The webbing? It's so cool. Did you make it yourself? That tensile strength is off the charts. I'm guessing you like science," Anastasiya said, as she looked at the webbing she was holding in her hands. If the boy had managed to manufacture it himself, Anastasiya was impressed.

"Yeah, I did."

"Climbing the walls? How're you doing that? Adhesive gloves?" Tony asked, before holding the goggles up to his eyes. "Lordy! Can you even see in these?"

"Yes! Yes, I can see in those," Peter panicked, ripping the suit out of Tony's grasp and shoving it into his wardrobe. "It's just that whatever happened, happened, it's like my senses have been dialled to 11. They just kinda help me focus."

"Damn you really need an upgrade," Anastasiya points out. "I can help with that. Systemic, top to bottom. That's why we're here."

Tony leant back against the wall, and Peter walked over to the bed. "Why are you doing this? What gets you outta that twin bed in the morning?"

"I've been me my whole life, and I've had these powers for six months," Peter starts, nervously rubbing his hands together as he began to explain. "I read books, I build computers. And yeah, I would love to play football, but I couldn't then so I shouldn't now."

"Because you're different."

"Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not." Peter paused.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't... and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

The redhead looked down at her knees, frowning slightly, remembering all the events from last year. Anastasiya, Wanda, Pietro - all the damage they'd caused just because someone had gotten into their heads.

"So you wanna look out for the little guy, you wanna do your part? Make the world a better place, all that, right?"

"Just looking out for the little guy."

Tony got up from the plastic chair in the corner and walked over to the bed.

"I'm gonna sit here, so you move the leg."

Tony sighs, putting a hand on Peter's shoulder. "You got a passport?"

"No, I don't even have a drivers license."

"Ever been to Germany?"

"No."

"I've only been once but it's amazing. You'll love it Pete. We're gonna have fun!" Anastasiya's smile grew, already excited to spend time with someone her age.

"I can't go to Germany," Peter says, looking backwards and forwards at the two Avengers stood in front of him.

"Why?"

"I got homework."

"You can not be serious," Anastasiya muttered, immediately rolling her eyes.

"I'm being serious! I can't just drop out of school!" Peter argued.

"Better tell Aunt Hottie I'm taking you on a field trip," Tony says, getting up and walking towards the door. At the mention of his aunt, Peter panics, webbing Tony's hand against the handle.

"Don't tell Aunt May."

"This is gonna be so fun," Anastasiya chimed, standing up straight and pushing her red hair back.

"Okay, fine. Now get me out of this."