Tentacles and Scales (Nightmare x Dragon Reader)

Nightmare will be his corrupted self in this one.

Faster.
You had to fly faster.

Your (F/C) wings beat hard, moving you though the darkening sky. You were flying away.
Hunters.
You were in your den with your family when they entered.
It was complete chaos soon after.

You had stood there, absolutely paralyzed in fear as you watched them take away your family one by one. Your own brother had sacrificed himself just so you could get away.
Their screams being an effective force to keep you going.

You had flown until you couldn't see anymore and even then you kept going. The sky was almost pitch black. The moon was barely visible due to the dark clouds covering it. Not that it would provide much light anyways in its crescent phase.

Your wings were tiring out quickly and you figured you'd finally come far enough. You spread open your wings and let yourself slowly glide back down. It was still to dark to really see anything so you just hoped you would land alright.
Things couldn't get any worse.

Pain.

Ripping you out of your thoughts, you let out a pained cry. The pain was coming from your left wing. It traveled through your back and you flinched, tucking in your wings out of reflex and skidding on the hard ground below. You had tears in your eyes, the emotional and physical pain building up.

You let out painful and sorrowful screams, anything around you that was producing sound immediately went quiet. The pitch black night only added to your despair. Not being able to see anything was really messing with you.

Soon, you went quiet and stilled, numbness taking over your form.
You wanted to die.

"Interesting" A deep, chilling voice pierced the deafening silence around you. You didn't move however, still very numb and frankly, very weak.
Footsteps approached you.

"Yes, you could be of use to me." The voice continued. Who or whatever this thing was kept taking about you. Slight irritation began to fill you, the pain resuming aswell.

"Get up." Before you could even so much as look at them, something slimy wrapped itself around you, pulling you up.

It moved you to stand on your feet and once it let go, you immediately fell to your knees. You still managed to hold your head up though.

Before you stood a very dark figure. The only reason you were able to see them at all was because they seemed to glow a blue/ cyan kind of color. It was enough to outline them and strike a bit of fear into you. He chuckled darkly.

"The name's Nightmare." Its voice gave reason for you to believe it was a male. He seemed to be a skeleton of some sort but he definitely was no regular skeleton. He was just as black as the night, only one eye visible, along with his most obvious features. Six long, dripping tentacles waved behind him, you shivered.

You decided not to respond, pain sending a powerful wave of itself throughout your body again.

His face contorted into a creepy smile and you just looked on, tears trailing down your beat up face. He put his hand under your chin as he lifted it up for you to face him.

"Now, now. No need for those tears, I'll take you back with me and I shall help you recover." He said, lifting you up with his tentacles, petting your head between your horns as it wrapped around your whole form. You just closed your eyes, the pain of so many things building up. You cry and scream, scream like you did before Nightmare found you. It hurt.

It hurt that you could never see them again. Your wing hurt. Your back hurt. Your face hurt. Your tail hurt. Even your horns kind of hurt.
It hurts so much!

Once again your screams died out and it fell quiet. Your eyes still closed, you felt Nightmare's hand on your cheek.
He was rubbing your cheek with his hand, the goop somehow was very comfortable and you leaned into it. The pain let up a little.

Hoping that being close to him actually did relieve you of your pain, you pressed harder into his being, the tentacle around you giving you a squeeze. More relief. Before you could keep going however, Nightmare moved.

The feeling of wanting to hurl added itself to the list negative emotion you were feeling, you hated it so much.

Nightmare set you down and the ground, the grass incredibly soft under you. You opened your eyes and looked around, you could actually see now. Nightmare had brought you to a lake of sorts it seemed and you looked around.

The water itself seemed to glow, the reflection of the moon ever rippiling on its surface. The moon was full here along with a clear sky full of stars. The pain seemed to have gone away as you continued to take in such a place. A few willow trees lined some areas by the edge of the lake and there were even some ducks in the water.
The grass under you was long and looked like and ocean when the wind breezed past it.

"I take it you like this place." You had almost forgotten about Nightmare's presence as he chuckled deeply and sat next to you. You finally got the courage to talk.

"(Y/N). My name is (Y/N)." You decide to tell him.

"....Do you not fear me anymore?" Nightmare asked, honestly a little surprised that you would actually tell him your name.

"No, not really. But, can I ask you a question?" You asked, suddenly curious.
Nightmare hesitated before deciding it would do no harm.

"Sure." He replied, his tentacles settling down around him. She was very intrigued by her but he would never admit that.

"Did.....did you somehow take away my pain?" You asked, your tail wrapping around you, keeping you warm. It was either chilly out here or an open wound you knew you had somewhere was still open.
Nightmare just laughed.

"I forget you do not know who I am. I basically feed off others pain so, in a way, I take it from them. It happens faster with physical contact." He explained, you taking in the information.

You wondered if he could just take all your pain away right now. He was holding you earlier and plenty of it had left, but you still felt a considerable amount of emotional pain in the back of your mind. The both of you sat in silence.

Suddenly you had an idea.

You contemplated it for a while and figured you had nothing to lose to try it.
Well, you could loose your life but you really didn't care right now. Everyone you loved was dead.

Taking a bold step, you pushed yourself to your knees and crawled in front of Nightmare. He raised and eyebrow at you.
It was now or never.

"What do you think you're d-?!" He started to speak but you cut him off by basically lunging at him.

You wrapped your arms around him, your sudden force knocking the both of you over, meaning that he was on his back and you were laying on him. You then quickly placed you lips on his teeth in a kiss. Your eyes closed, focused on feeling all the pain leave you body.

Meanwhile, Nightmare was in shock. The second you had basically pounced on him, he didn't know what to do. His shock wore off after a few seconds though and, surprising himself, his tentacles wrapped around you and his arms held you closer.
He kissed you back.

The moment continued until you needed to breathe, pulling away and opening your eyes you saw that Nightmare was blushing a blue/cyan color. You looked into his one eye and found yourself mesmerized as he looked back.

What would happen now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oops, I did it again. Oh well, I guess Nightmare gets longer one shots.

This chapter was requested by: LittleOreoRaven67

Sorry if I didn't put enough focus on the fact that reader was a dragon. I could try again if you'd like??
Idk, it's up to you.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter, see ya!~