Another Dreamscape (Nightmare x Innocent, Optimistic Kitsune Reader)

Ok, yes, I know--
I'm sorry very sorry you had to wait so long for this. But here it is ;w;

Requested by: Okiruki
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and your group of friends had finally settled down and picked a spot to pitch your tents and what not. You were on a camping trip with them after months of begging your parents to let you go.

"Hurry up (Y/N), we don't have all day." One of your friends rushed you, the rest having already put up their tents. You fumbled with the strings.

"Alright! Just give me a sec, theses strings  are trying to remain tangled." You said with a smile, sweating slightly as you tried to hurry up as to not make them mad.

"Just come join us by the lake when you're done." The same friend from earlier scoffed slightly, motioning for the others to follow her as she walked away.

Now by yourself, you drop your illusion. Your silvery ears and tails drooping slightly.

"I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it, they're just excited about having fun."

You spoke aloud, comforting and reassuring yourself that it was fine.

It was usual for your friends to act like that anyways.

Your ears perking up again and your tails swishing around slightly behind you, you get back to work on setting up your tent. Once you did that, you decided to be extra nice and start the campfire.

You walk into the surrounding woods, searching for any dry sticks and leaves laying on the ground.

It was pretty dark in the woods due to the tree tops being quite thick, it almost looked like dusk already.

Starting to gather the sticks you spotted, your fox ears were kept on high alert while both your tails helped you carry more branches.

Something suddenly felt off.

Your ears twitched around as they tried to make out any sounds, but it was dead silent. You couldn't even hear the breeze rustling through the leaves anymore. Figuring there wasn't any good reason for you to linger in any possible danger any longer, you swiftly turned around and went back to the campsite.

As soon as you stepped out of the woods, into the small clearing, your senses immediately calmed down. You heaved a sigh of relief and started setting up the campfire.

By the time you finished and even put some food out, you heard your friends coming back and quickly put your illusion back up.

"Hey (Y/N) why didn't you come down to the lake? You missed all the fun." One of them asked you, sounding only mildly irritated.

"O-Oh!--
I just got busy making sure you guys could relax and get warmed up once you got back!" You smiled and gestured towards all that you had set up. That seemed to make all of them happy.

"Alright, I see~" One of them to the side said as they immediately went over to the food.

"Wow, thanks (Y/N)! I knew we invited you for a reason-"

"Shut up dude!"

"Hey, leave some for me!"

All of your friends shifted into comfortable conversations as they sat around the fire and ate. You stayed off to the side, not wanting to bother them.

----------------------------------

By the time it was nightfall, your friends had gotten tired and headed into their tents to sleep. You remained outside.