Emergency

I am standing in the dark, the screams of teenage fangirls fill the air from below the stage on which I stand. Any moment now the stage lights will turn on, casting red and blue lights on my band and me, then I'll give an introduction, and the concert will start. Easier said than done.

I clutch my wings to my back, trembling. It's only been a month since the incident, it's way too soon to be having a concert, but I already postponed it too much. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump, but it's just Tommy.

"Hey," he says, concerned, "it'll be alright, babyboy," he pats my back and I wince, "no one'll even notice."

I try to take comfort in his words, but, honestly, I can't. I squeeze my wings even closer, until it hurts, hoping desperately that my typical leather coat is large enough to hide them.

It's not a big important concert, I'm only singing three of my songs, but I still tremble. My legs shake so much I'm surprised I'm still standing.

Control yourself! I shout to myself in my mind, it's just one concert, just three songs, songs that you've done before, many times.

I somehow manage to stop shaking, just in time too. The stage lights turn on, casting dim lights onto the me. I smile to the crowd, and they scream, but the smile doesn't reach my eyes or light up my face like it had previously. They seem to buy it, though, so I keep it throughout the introduction. The band starts up with Cuckoo, I take a deep breath and pull the microphone up to my lips, trusting myself to make it through the night.

Feels like I'm havin' a meltdown

I can do this.

It feels like I'm losin' control

They tell me I'm a danger to myself

Now the crazy train is ready to roll

I know that they are smart, and they know that something is up. I need to prove them wrong.

Walk that walk

Like you don't give a fuck

I walk to the edge of the stage, reaching down and touching some of the outreached hands of the audience. Shivers are sent down my spine as my skin make contact with theirs, shocking them with some odd current racing through my bones.

You got a right to turn it up and get down

Electric shock, no I can't get enough

'Cause tonight we're takin' over the town

I jump off the stage, surprisingly gracefully, and run through the crowd. This'll convince them, I'm sure.

I wanna lose my mind, like a maniac

And cross the line, never look back

We're on the loose, gettin' crazy

And we've gone cuckoo

Gonna party 'til they take us away

I feel several arms reach out to touch me as I run by, and I close in on a particularly rowdy group, mostly made of teenage boys.

I'm swingin' off of my hinges

I'm cocked and I'm ready to go

One of them thumps me on my back, hard. I let out a high shriek, which is greatly magnified my the microphone, and I feel and hear a sickening crack. I fall to the ground and instantly feel a white hot pain, and blood soaks through my shirt. He hit one of my wings, and I know the bone pierced through my skin.

"What the hell?" I hear the one who hit me, or at least I think it's the one, ask.

"Somebody call 911!' I hear another shout, and several hushed voices. The band had stopped and were trying to clear a path to get to me, but it was helpless.

I hear laughing, and it is coming from my mouth, "you can't even take a broken bone, you are weak!" the voice snarls through my teeth. I hope the audience doesn't hear, but there's nothing I can do, the voice won't leave me alone, and it's even using my own mouth now.

I close my eyes, dizzy from of blood. After what feels like an eternity of slipping in and out of consciousness, I hear a siren of an ambulance, and I hear shouts, There is... a lot of blood... Am I dying? Of course not... But it feels like it... Just... a... broken bone... And I'm out.

(A/N: I can't tell if I like this or not... Feed back would be great, so please don't hesitate. I hope y'all enjoyed it, I'll try to update frequently :)

I wanted to try something different, and I'm a huge fan of AUs (Alternate Universes) so that's why my story is like it is. I'm sorry if you don't like it, I know it's not the best, but it's my best, and I think that's what matters for now.

Thank you so so much for reading, it really does mean a lot to me :) )

**A/N: So I've postponed editing this for a really long time, what I'm doing rn is going through and fixing typos. I'm sorry if I miss some but I'll try not to. Sorry if it alerts you when I edit a chapter, because no, I'm not adding more to the story, only fixing it. The story is over, but I do hope you like/liked it ^~^**