15. Best gift ever

"It's not her fault! She didn't do anything wrong!" Harley yelled towards the warden, who is busy writing down records of what happened. 

"She was definitely under some unknown medicine's effect. The girl who attacked us definitely was not Bethany" Sarah this time said calmly. No matter how many times she called her at that time she didn't answer her. Plus Sarah has witnessed something like that so many times.

"But it doesn't change the fact that she attacked. She should stay under doctor's watch for at least a week" he answered. They were all in hospital room to treat Harley and Sarah's wounds but both of them were busy guarding Bethany's actions. 

"It's unfair! She must've been scared. We need to comfort..."

"That's unnecessary. She already has a doctor that will take care of her" Mr. Jacob, warden of 023th prison interrupted Sarah. Without giving a chance for them to speak he got up and left the room. 

Sarah again felt pathetic for not being to guard her beloved ones. No matter what she told him the guy wasn't willing to listen her.

Since Mr. Jacob watched the security camera few times and it was the young girl who almost killed many people he didn't listen to anyone, especially mere prisoners. Not only did she hurt guards, she also hurt reputation of this place. Everyone was mocking him for not being able to stop a single little girl. So from the beginning he wasn't planning to hear the witnesses out. 

To save his reputation and position he must find a way to execute her in a month.

*****

'I don't wanna stay here...'

Bethany was having a hard time in the laboratory room. This room is really similar to the 'punishment room' where she received huge beating or starving from her brother or father back then. Everything in her room was white. She was also wearing white clothes which worsens her situation even more.

Thankfully she can walk around the room. There's a chains around her ankles, wrists and neck to prevent her from acting violently again but it's long. She can break them whenever she wants but her punishment will get worse if she did and she will never have a chance to see Sarah and Harley again. 

"Icy, your food is here!! Wanna eat together?"

To make thing worse Stephen checks up on her every hour. With his perfect disguise as a doctor no one notices his strange behavior. 

Bethany, now known as Icy didn't answer as she sat on the cold floor while hugging her knees. When she refused yesterday he gave her some strange medication which put her into deep sleep. Because of that she was losing track of time in her windowless room.

"Answer me, Icy!" 

His warning tone caused her to nod unwillingly. He has all the authority to give her drugs and keep her  in one room now. Other guards doesn't even enter the room out of fear. One report from him can decide her future.

"Are you still mad at me? If you just followed me obediently you would've been living better than this. Why are you so stubborn?" He sighed sadly as he sat next to her. She smelled the soup he gave her several times and started eating it only after she made sure there's no drugs. Drugs are important weapon in her life as a killer so finding it wasn't that difficult to begin with.

'Now she doesn't even believe me' Stephen frowned. She was giving him a silent treatment for many hours and now she's even doubting the food he gave her. Sure, what he did was beyond her forgiveness but he still thought he doesn't deserve this. 

"Fine, as today's gift I'm giving you a chance to meet them"

After hearing his words Bethany jumped a little. She wasn't expecting any of this but no matter what she has to apologize. Stephen glared at her hopeful eyes. As if she was getting a present on Christmas night her face glowed with joy. It was a same expression Stephen saw when he gave her a cotton candy before.

"Promise?

"But you can meet them only on lunch today. There's no other chance. In exchange you won't give me a silent treatment anymore, got it?" 

"Un"

'Finally...' He sighed after hearing her voice again. She's no longer angry and from this deal he won't lose anything. It still angers him when he imagined her chatting with those two idiots happily. Still lunch time is just 40 minutes.

"Oh right, you should let Anna escort you. Don't get away from her sight" He warned once again. If she attempts to do something stupid he can't stop her. In order to monitor her every movements he'll send his best walking camera with her. 

"Okay"

"Now sleep"

"What time is it?"

"2am. You should eat that and sleep" He said as he pointed towards the soup in her hands. She gulped everything with a one go and handed over the empty bowl. 

"Thank you" She mumbled softly before he left and laid on the floor, closing her eyes tightly. Because she was scared of getting drugged again she didn't sleep for few days but now she can rest peacefully. 

"You don't need to thank me, silly" He smiled and put his coat on her. Unfortunately there's no bed or blanket in this place so he pitied her a bit. But with his plan still on process, which is really close to succeeding, him and Bethany should endure this place for another few days.

'You'll regret thanking me. So silly...'