24. Forgiven

Warning: not edited

"We need to talk"

Bethany's eyes widened at the sight of the woman in front of her which appeared out of nowhere with a serious expression even though she was obviously avoiding her for the last few days.

"You may talk" Bethany unconsciously gave her a permission like when she was still in her mansion. Her new environment was similar to back at home and all those commander thing affected her normal way of talking.

'What an arrogant behavior...' Sarah complained to herself but since she's the one going to apologize she keep those thoughts to herself.

"I am sorry for betraying you. I just wanted to help you get out of that place. You're still young and I don't want you suffer in that hole for the rest of your life." Sarah said, not daring to face the cold girl in front of her. When she finally gathered her courage and raised her head Bethany was still staring as if she was waiting for ger to continue.

"I know you're not lying. But you're still leaving something right?" Bethany bluntly asked as she continue to sip her tea very elegantly like some noble lady. Without a word Sarah sat opposite her, avoiding eye contact with Bethany as much possible.

"I-I also wanted to get out of there" as soon as the word escaped from her mouth the tears also escaped with it.

"The reason why I was in prison is because... I killed fifteen people. I'm what people call an assassin or a serial killer. But I promise they were all bad people!" Sarah shouted, slamming the coffee table, causing Bethany's cup fall on the ground. Fortunately she drank all the coffee but the cup cracked a bit.

Sarah knows she's saying all those things so that she'll less guilty. She didn't want to look like a murderer of innocent people. And Bethany didn't hesitate to pinpoint her selfish behavior.

"Who are you to decide that?" She asked as she picked up the cup then continued. "Are you a god? No matter who you kill the fact that you killed still remains here. You don't decide who is good or not. Stop being selfish and trying to look innocent when in fact you're not. It's disgusting"

The usual emotionless girl looked oddly angry for some reason. Sarah trembled both in fear and anger. A fear from the girl's unsettling gaze and anger from the truth she spoke. Then her mouth started to move on it's own like it has a brain.

"Of course I'm not a god. If I was one I would never create creatures disgusting as humans. I killed them because they killed my siblings! Those innocent kids nothing wrong. It's unfair! While I'm working everyday to feed 6 mouths on my own, those bastards stole my family and tortured them to death just fot their own pleasure. Even though I told my siblings always be honest and fair to each other this world isn't fair to us! Even though I told I would protect them... even though I only wanted a simple fair world....." Sarah voice faded as she started to cry and sob endlessly.

For the first time Bethany saw a person crying this bitterly. Especially one of the person she thought she knows about them very well. She wanted to comfort her, tell her nice things that can make her feel better.

Unfortunately she was incapable of doing things like that.

Instead she decided to help her in a different way.

"Your revenge, or dead siblings... it's none of my business. How are you going to apologize to me now?"

"Huh? W-what're you talking about?" Sarah asked between her sobs. It managed to calm her down because she needs a time to think. After all would any normal person say that to a person who's crying her eyes out because her whole family is dead?

Answer: If you consider Bethany as a normal person it's a yes.

"I don't care about your past Sarah. I just want to know why you followed Stephen's instruction without considering my will"

Sarah's face blushed in a second. She got so emotional and talked on and on about her past tragic life without thinking of the consequences. She realized that she was itching to discuss about it and trying to gain pity from Bethany.

The way Bethany said 'I don't care about your past' made her a bit happy. It hurts to think Bethany is ignoring all the things she said but it also means she doesn't care about how many she killed or how selfish she sounded.

After wiping her tears off and fixing her hair Sarah regained her calm and nature side. All this time she misunderstand the question itself.

Bethany was only checking if she is still a traitor or not. Sarah can confidently answer to that.

"Because I believed he's the only person that can get you out of there. I just wanted to show you the n-nice side of the world"

Now she says it out loud it sounds foolish. She just screamed about the world being unfair and all but now that she thinks about it there's also nice things too. It was her who didn't know the outside world.

"So that's the reason then. For my own well being huh?" Bethany mumbled, still looking troubled. It was truly strange. Everyone leaves her for their own benefit but this person was different. Knowing Sarah didn't mean any evil intentions made her happy.

"So..ummm..will you forgive me?"

"I'll. If you buy me something"

Sarah's eyes brightened within a second as if she didn't cry at all. The sad aura around her changed quickly too.

"What is it?" Now she has a willful never ending rich aura that is asking Bethany to say what she wants.

"Chips. I want to try them"