22. Memories \part 2\

Since that day Nathaniel was keep showing up. The little girl's icy heart was slowly melting thanks to the boys warm figure. Even if he likes her brother more than her, she considers him as a friend.

"Hey Ice princess! How about today?"

"No. Brother is on a mission today as well. And if you don't have a death wish then you can meet him tomorrow" She tried to change his mind by threatening him. But she knows she will fail. She was failing for the last few weeks.

"Really?"  he asked hopefully only to receive a cold rejection.

"No"

"Haah~ I knew.. Fine then. Wanna train with me?"

"No. Brother said if I train too much I will end up being too muscular. So I am skipping it"

"That's true... Then wanna play?" 

"Play?" the girl asked, not believing in her ears. For the first time in her life someone asked her to actually 'play' with her. She trained, studied and worked or read books every day. She only thought 11 years old kids playing with each other is normal for him and outside world.

"Yes. Let's see who can kill more on our next mission" he offered excitedly.

'That doesn't sound normal' she wanted to tell him but unfortunately she didn't have anything to compare. Even her books are only about poison and herbs or war strategy. She sometimes doesn't understand some of it's words. Even if she beg for normal book from her father he will definitely refuse saying it's unnecessary.

"I don't think brother will allow me to go with other people on a mission. Instead of that I want to ask you a favor" 

"A favor?"

"Yes. I am planning to escape. So I want you to help me get through the guards.." She whispered. Since it's under their favorite tree, no one will hear them. Icy double checked the tree and ground and thankfully there wasn't any camera to be found.

"W-what.." he seems to be confused about her words.

"In exchange I will introduce you to my brother"

"Really!!!"  he shouted too loudly causing her to cover his mouth with her hands nervously. 

"All you have to do is place a time bomb. No one will suspect you since you are a child"

"B-but why do you wanna escape?"

Icy didn't answer that question. Instead she only stared back, asking him if he agreed or not with her eyes. 

"Okay then. Just make sure you introduce me to your brother" he said with a deep sigh. Actually there's many kids around this area and if he want he can let other kids do it. But it was still strange about why a girl like her who has everything is trying to escape.

'As long as I can meet young master, it doesn't matter' He whispered to himself. 

*****

After few days Icy has already made her plan. 

She introduced her friend to her brother which didn't cause a single problem. It goes really smoothly and her brother seemed like favoring the boy. 

Even though he went berserk if a single child talks to her, let alone a boy but this time he only smiled and nodded back at presence of her new friend. Icy only guessed he is in a good mood or decided to change his mind. 

But it's not like Icy decided to change her mind. She still won't forgive him for killing an innocent child few days ago and punishing her after that. The boy's crying face, sound of begging for forgiveness still haunts her every night. That's when she really decided to leave this place, her hometown and her prison.

Today is the last day she will be staying here. With her skills she will definitely survive outside if she manages to enter the *PA. \A

; note at the end\

Now she is hiding in bushes near the tall walls surrounding the whole mansion, waiting for the bomb to explode on the other side patiently. Her small heart was close to explode in her chest as she steal a glance from her watch from time to time. 

Her brother will skin her alive if he found out.

And it's even worse if her father found out. He will make her do all of the dirty work, such as torturing people to get information or punish those people who works here if they did something wrong.

BAAAAM!!

"Hey what happened?"

"Was that an attack?!!"

"Half of you go to the other side. We will stay here!!"

"Yes sir!!"

As expected of guards belong to Silvain family, they worked quickly and didn't leave this side completely out of guard. Tricking a few people is piece of cake for the girl who studied how to assassinate people from the day she learned how to walk and talk. 

In the dark, with her little body she quietly climbed up the wall by using a knife. This was the tallest wall she has ever climbed but somehow she still managed to get to the top. 

As soon as she finished climbing, the smell of grass and fresh air hit her nose. The tiny girl felt like she can go anywhere as if she has a wings like those birds flying above her. But she started to go down after realizing the reality. She can't getting caught while dreaming about nonexistent. 

Because of the sudden explosion no one was guarding outside the walls. 

That alone caused a high suspicion to her. Everything was going way too smoothly. 

She landed on the ground safely. This time her intention wasn't wrong.

Despair and confusion come with the bright light that landed on her right after her foot connected the ground. She blinked once and twice until her eyes could no longer handle the bright light that was directed towards her. After few moments she got use to the light and opened her eyes only to find two familiar figures standing before her with few guards. Turns out the bright light was coming from the people's flashlight.

"I am not glad about your actions today, Icy. You'll be spending a month in white room as a punishment" 

Icy's eyes widened at that sight. Not because because she was scared of mention of the scary punishment room. Her expression changed because she saw her first one and only person whom she considered as a friend standing next to her brother with a frown. 

Later she found out that Nathaniel became Steve's right hand man whereas she was spending her days in the cold room, choking in her own blood.

And something like that happened so many times until she couldn't believe anyone.

She thought outside world will be different but both Stephen and Sarah proved it.

Anyone can betray you for anything at anytime.

______________

*PA - Peaceful Area - A place that prohibits any weapons that used in war. Because that place produces and sells food supply no other organizations dare to attack there. Attacking that place means starvation in the future. 

"