Chapter 9

"So you confessed your feelings for each other while she's in the ICU and you also had your first kiss in the ICU? Aigoo, you are something else, brother," Hae said over facetime.

"Hey, I don't plan these things, noona, they just happen, okay?" Bin answered defensively.

"Ye-jin's really gonna get it from me when you guys come home. Oh I'm gonna tease her like never before."

Bin smiled at Ye-jin while holding the phone in front of him. "I think she'll enjoy that."

"How is she doing today?"

"She's awake, talk to her," he replied while turning the phone over to Ye-jin. "Here, babe."

Hae shrieked over the phone, making the two laugh.

"'Here, babe,' aigoooo how cute," his sister said all excited.

"Hi, unnie," Ye-jin waved with a smile. "How are you doing?"

"Aisshh, I'm supposed to be the one asking you that. Don't worry about us here, we're okay," she answered. "We're all waiting for you to come home so we can come visit you. How are YOU doing?"

"Not too bad, unnie," Ye-jin answered while smiling at Bin, who flashed her a smile back. "My boyfriend here takes good care of me."

Hae shrieked again and Ye-jin couldn't help but laugh. For the first time in days, Bin saw her eye smile again, bringing him a sense of comfort in his heart. He reached for her hand and gave it a rub, making her look at him as she laced her fingers with his.

"Aigoo, I'm tired," his sister finally said from being so hyper. "Aigoo aigoo, you got me so hyped up. Look at you blushing, Ye-jinssi."

Ye-jin shook her head and chuckled while they waited for Hae to settle down.

"I really am happy for you two," Hae said with a smile.

"Thank you, noona."

"And I'm glad to see you smiling and laughing, Yej, you gave us quite a scare."

"I'm okay, noona. Bin and I will be coming home in no time," Ye-jin smiled. "I can't wait to recover at home."

They caught up for a while longer until Bin noticed that Ye-jin was uncomfortable in her position. "Hey, noona, we'll talk again soon. I'm gonna help Yej here get comfortable in bed."

"It was nice talking to you, Yej. Take care, okay? Love you both," Hae said as she waved on facetime.

"Love you too, noona," Ye-jin said while Bin waved back before ending the call.

She turned her head on the pillow to look at him more while Bin was putting his phone away.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She let out a sigh before giving him a smile. "I can't wait to go home."

Bin reached for her chest and gently rubbed his palm on it. "Let's get this better first, okay? Let's make those lungs work so we can get you off the oxygen."

Ye-jin was transferred to the orthopedic unit after six days of being in the ICU, but due to her lungs collapsing, they still haven't been able to take her oxygen off. With the imporvements her lungs were making, they have only been able to titrate it down slowly. Although she was still having a ton of pain, she has been doing her best to move around and do her breathing exercises.

She smiled at him and held his wrist that was on her chest.

"Do you need anything?" Bin asked after a while.