Epilogue

Mr. Son reached for the flowers in the passenger seat before stepping out of his car. The sun shone through the clouds, its rays hitting him directly on the face on a Friday afternoon in Southern California. He was lost in his musings when a car pulled in and parked behind him, taking him out of his thoughts. As soon as the engine stopped, he made his way to the car, the flowers still in his hand.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Bin said apologetically while giving the older gentleman a quick hug.

"You got here just in time, Binsii," Mr. Son said. "Busy day at work?"

"A little bit," he answered with a smile. "I just had to make sure everything's all set before I go on vacation."

"I'm glad I don't have to deal with anything like that anymore," Mr. Son said with a light chuckle.

The two gentlemen proceeded through the open grass, walking past numerous granite headstones that were embedded in the cemetery grounds. The subtle autumn breeze was slightly blowing the leaves from a distant tree but other than that, everything else was calm and quiet.

What happened six years ago marked the beginning and the end of a chapter in their lives. Coming together for her death anniversary became a tradition for them as the new chapter unfolded.

"Sweetheart," Mr. Son said softly as he placed the flowers down on the granite.

Bin watched the man beside him take a big breath in before exhaling slowly. He could tell that even after all the time that has passed, he still misses her badly. He brought his hand up and placed it on his shoulder, earning a smile from him.

"Happy Anniversary in heaven, sweetheart," Mr. Son said before turning to Bin. "It's been so long but I still miss her everyday. I still think about what we would be doing if she was still here."

"I think you would be enjoying your retirement and you'd be looking after your grandkids together," Bin said with a smile.

"I think so too," Mr. Son agreed. "By the way, where's your wife, son? They were supposed to get here before us."

"They probably left the house late, Dad. I would've picked them up after work but she told me to come straight here," Bin answered.

As if on cue, the sound of two four year-olds laughing and shrieking interrupted their conversation. They turned around and they saw the twins heading straight for Bin.

"Daddyyyyy!"

"Daaaddyyyy!"

"Oh, here they are. Slow down, slow down," Bin called out as they ran towards him.

"Me first! Me first!"

He smiled and bent down lower, steadying and bracing himself before opening his arms as their kids ran into him, shoving their faces in his chest while barely wrapping their tiny arms around him.

"I won!" His little girl said.

"No! I did, right, Daddy?" Their little boy asked as he looked up at his dad with a grin.

"You two got here at the same time," Bin said while scooping his kids up in his arms.

"Callie. Caleb."

The two gentlemen and two kids looked to where the voice came from and saw Ye-jin trailing just behind the children.

"Uh oh, you guys left Mom," Bin said as a tease.

Their son, Caleb, wiggled his way out of his father's arms and ran back to their mom, holding her hand as they walked together towards the rest of the family.