Chapter 13

"Do you have more luggages inside?"

"Just the personal bags we need in the cabin, Sir, the rest are already loaded in the car."

Mr. Son gave Bin a pat on the shoulder as they walk towards the house. They just finished loading their luggages in the car service, which will take them to the airport for their flight back to California.

Inside, Ye-jin was putting her spinal brace on when an odd feeling creeped up in her chest. Her eyebrows met as she sat on the bed, gauging how intense it was going to be. She could hear the two most important people in her life chatting as they walk in through the front door after loading the car, making her close her eyes as she took slow deep breaths. Thankfully, the tightness in her chest didn't progress further. She would hate for them to have to deal with her cardiac issues on the day of their flight home.

"Where's Ye-jin?" She heard her father ask.

"Yejie?"

She secured her brace before standing up, grabbing her purse as Bin's voice grew louder when he got closer to the bedroom.

"Here, babe," she called out to him.

He walked in through the door with a bright smile on his face. "There you are," he said as he reached his hand out to her. "Ready to go home?"

"Ready," Ye-jin answered with a smile, her fingers lacing with his.

They walked out of the bedroom hand in hand, meeting her father on the front steps of the house before going to the airport altogether. The three of them got to the airport where the private jet her father arranged for them was waiting to fly them home.

Less than two hours into the flight, Bin set up the full length sofa and transformed it into a bed for Ye-jin to lie on. She fell asleep shortly after lying down and Bin took the seat across from her to do some work.

"Yejie?" Bin sat on the edge of the sofa and caressed her shoulder. "Babe?"

Ye-jin stirred and turned her head towards his voice, opening her eyes before closing them again.

He smiled at her, giving her shoulder another rub while bringing his other hand to her face. "Yejie, it's time for lunch. You also need to take some of your meds."

She hummed in response, opening her eyes before closing them once more. He sat there quietly while studying her face, lightly tracing every inch of it with his finger.

"Tired?" Bin asked softly, earning another hum in response.

"Exhausted," she mumbled without opening her eyes.

It hasn't been a long day for them. All they've done so far since waking up was get ready for their flight, travel to the airport and get on the plane to go home. He let out a subtle sigh while he continued to caress her shoulder. He could tell that her symptoms have been making it extra challenging for her lately.

"Come lie down with me," she said out of the blue, surprising him.

He let out a chuckle before bending down to kiss her forehead. "Your father's here, silly, and we don't fit."

"I can move over," she answered with a smile, her eyes still closed. "Come cuddle with me."

"Clingy Yejie, I like," Bin said with a grin, giving her cheeks a gentle pinch. "But let's save that for the bedroom, yeah?"

Ye-jin finally opened her eyes and smiled at him. "Fine."

She placed her arm on his lap, wrapping it around his hips while she looked in his eyes. Bin started slowly stroking her forehead with his thumb while looking right back at her.